Eclipse CD8445...Is it a good HU?????

Bronze Member
Username: Quick94gt

Fontana, Ca. United states

Post Number: 22
I want to buy one, either that or a Pioneer DEH-P860MP, but im leaning toward the eclipse because i have never had one and hear only good things about them, is the CD8445 a good one as thats the one im looking at??? Does anybody have one to give me some feedback on it?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2653
bump

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1095
its a very good deck if you know what you're doing. For most people its way to much for them cause they don't understand the entire frequency range, don't understand Q factor and slopes and don't get time alignment. For you to really get the most out of the Eclipse HU you need to know how the Q effects the overall sound of the frequency range, how different slopes at different crossover points effect how the music will sound from frequency to frequency. its very complex but if you have a good understanding you'll get it. I think the 8445 has the memory stick and the mircophone so it might make things easier for you.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2655
how would you know or where do you learn about that stuff? -- why would u need to know it for that HU? does it have certain settings on it that you need to set certain slopes or whatever?

Silver Member
Username: Ruthless06

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 185
it has a built in crossover for the subwoofer from 0dB to 24dB at 63, 80, 120, 160, 200 hz.

on the p.e.q. it has 7 different frequencies and you can change the Q on each one.

It also has time alignment which just makes it sound like everything is hitting you at the same time. So there is no delay on one speaker.

8V preouts. Nice display. Memory stick option, must use a Sony MagicGate Memory stick not pro or duo.

Overall sq is a 9/10. I used to have one, it sounded amazing but the only thing i didnt like about it was it didnt have a crossover for each preout, just the sub.

I would def. go with it. I've got one for sale if ya wanna buy it lol

Silver Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 127
time align to me is consider as surround sound am i right or wrong, because it is so

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1386
i have a cd8445 every thing ruthless sed pretty much...i love all the features and the lil screensavers are....lol.....
I HIGHLY RECCOMEND IT

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
I ended up buying the CD8445 and i must say it was an improvment over the pioneer, i have more fromt stage and the bass hits cleaner than ever before...ruthless how much do you want for yours??? quick94gt@sbcglobal.net with a price.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2759
why would you want to buy another one??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
because i have more than one car.

Gold Member