Opinion on this sub $500 System

Username: Phantomlord2k

Post Number: 2
I'd like a few opinions on the following system under $500 before I decide to buy. I don't want to get everything and it not all work together like it should. Everything is Phoenix Gold:

Amp: (1) R9.0:5 = Channels 1-4 50x4 at 4ohm, Channel 5 150x1 at 4ohm 250x1 at 2ohm

Subs: (2) R10 = 200/400 4 ohm SVC

Front: (2) R69.0 = 70/140wt 4ohm

Rear: (2)R5.0 = 50/100wt 4ohm

This will be for a 2001 Dodge Ram Quad cab.

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 428
your really going to be under powering your subs. PG is a good brand for amps, im not sure about their speakers or subs having never heard them. try and find OCTANE-R 5.0:4 80x4 @4ohm for your 4 midbass speakers and maybe the xenon x400.1 for your subs if you plan on still buying PG speakers and subs this would work out good

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the subs being powered but wasn't sure how to figure that out. I was told 2 different stories on amps by people around here so I thought I would go to the "Experts". I wasn't sure on the single amp or running dual amps.

Post Number: 4
Forgot to ask something...If I run a sperate mono amp for these 2 subs (or subs with the same specs) what exactly to I need to look for in the output of the amp?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3433
What head unit are you going to use for all of this?

Post Number: 5
I currently have a JVC KD-DV4200 hooked uo to the factory speakers and a set old RF Punch Z subs.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2494
i woudl step up the HU too. JVC's are not good at all. i have alot of friends that have problems withe them. :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us