Rockford Punch Sub in Truck

Username: Pioshark

Post Number: 2
Hi, I own an '06 Ranger (extended cab) and am wondering which 12" sub would be most suitable to install. Have a Pioneer P6800MP head unit hooked up to factory speakers. My question is whether I should use my Kenwood Amp KAC-S726 which is (100Wx2 RMS @4ohm, 150Wx2 RMS @ 2ohm, BRIDGED 300Wx1 RMS @ 4 ohm) WITH my Rockford Punch Stage 1 (this years model) it is rated 300W peak/ 150W RMS (4 ohm)

OR

My Rockford POWER 200 a1 amplifier (100Wx1 RMS @4 ohm, 200x1 RMS @ 2 ohm) with a Rockford Punch FRP 1212 (older DVC sub) which is 800W peak/ 400W RMS @ 4ohm

I only want to install one sub in the back of my truck, any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Why does the rockford amp rated at such low wattage?? This amp was used to power two DVC's in the past, wouldnt it of been underpowering them, everyone says that isnt good for subs??

Anyways was wondering what would sound better for a truck. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Thebufromnc

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 46
To put it this way the P1's are garbage. 1 12 is worthless unless you dont really want good bass. I'd go with the old school Rockford, and sell both amps and buy a better amp that runs at 600@4 omhs. my opinion. good luck

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1429
is that older rockford sub dual 4 ohm?

Username: Pioshark

Post Number: 3
yes, DVC 4 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1430
personally i'd go with the older rockford setup

Silver Member
Username: Halter

Paulding, Ohio

Post Number: 136
I have a 15" mojo in my ext cab Dakota...hehe

Username: Ocamp

Post Number: 3
if you dont have much cash, get the p1's dude. seriously i have 2 p1 10" in a ported box and they get loud. i dont know what people are saying maybe its cuz they are comparing it to better subs. but for the damn price the quality is good. once u here them you wont complain.

Username: Ocamp

Post Number: 4
my uncle had 2 12" HX2's. when he heard my p1's he thought they sounded pretty sweet. he thought i had 12's. i told him i only had stage 1's.

Silver Member
Username: Halter

Paulding, Ohio

Post Number: 139
my buddy has 2 12" P2s.. and I think my HU can make my mojo hit harder...lol

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 280
if your looking to spend 70-80 dont get a p1 get an ascendent audio assassin. way better. rf pretty much blows. and dont listen to newbies look at the people who have a good amount of posts under their belt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us