Fuse prob

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 196
i have 1 kicker solo baric 15 L7 and its powered by an power acoustik 1600 watt amp and i have it bridge and it sounds alright but i have a 100 fuse on it connected to my fuse holder and i dunno what the problem is but everytime i turn the amp up and volume up it blows the fuse just like the other day i blew 8 of them in 1 hour i go threw town like a quarter of a mile and the fuse blows i have 4 gauge wire and i dunno what the problem could be do yall?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2273
you maybe dont have a big enough fuse..?

the max that you should be runnin is 125 fuse. try switchin to a 115-120 and see if it changes anythin

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 548
no, a 100amp fuse should be plenty big. what kinda fuse is it? is it a maxi? lol.

im not sure what ur problem could be. 4 gauge wire is right, and so is the fuse.

MOST LIKEY, your ground is bad. check and make sure its not loose. also, make sure its grounded good. did u attach it somewhere where there is paint???? it may have to be sanded where theres paint.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2321
100 a fuse for 4 awg kit is fine. but for some reason you keep blowin it. a 4awg wire should be set with a 120 a MAX fuse. so i would first switch to maybe a 110-115 amp fuse and also check ur ground wire. make sure you check to see if your power wire isnt bein pinched somewhere in between the panels or anything
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us