Looking to put together an SPL system (Budget $5k)

Username: Cjackson

Chattahoochee, FL USA

Post Number: 4
Ok. I finally got some cash saved up to build a system for my 93' Explorer. Right now everythings stock, even the deck. I've been eying the Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS and it seems very nice, but I've stuck with Alpine and Sony in the past for HUs. I've been out of the car audio game for a while so I'm not sure what brands are best, but I do have a pretty substaintial amount of knowledge on the subject.
Like I mentioned in the subject I want a system based around SPL. I have the whole rear of my SUV to work with, I'd rather keep the rear seat though because I utilize it sometimes.

All of my friends have higher end systems, one of my buddies has a Suburban with 4 18" Juggernauts in a wall, one has 2 18" Solos, and one has 3 W7s. My point is I'd like something that is comparable if possible, but I want to focus on SPL instead of SQ.

Hopefully that was clear enough. I may be able to get ahold of another grand if it's required. If you need anymore information please post here or you can give me an email at the address listed below (Or catch me on MSN Messenger).

Thanks,
Devin
DLS_62784@Hotmail.Com

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1218
can you fit 4 18s? because i have an 03 mountaineer and its hard fitting 4 15s in the back without a wall.

i would look into DD, Treo, Mmats, RE and Soundstream.

DD-9915 or 9918
Treo- SSx
Mmats- Juggernauts. i doubt you want them if your friend has them already.
Soundstream- XXX
RE- MT

once you find out what subs you like then look for amps, its alot easier to find the one that suits your needs that way.

you will probably need 2 300amp alternators. and i would do a battery for every amp.

as far as a box i would fire all the subs up and have 2 huge slot ports fireing back with around 300-350 square inches of port. tuned to 38-42hz that way you can get alot of music out of it as well as high SPL.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3473
what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ JAKE PAPA :-O

Bronze Member
Username: Scorpionzero454

Post Number: 44
If you want crazy spl subs go with the memphis 15" mojos

Silver Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 209
you cant put memphis in the same catagory as them subs man

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 207
You've got a lot of options.. those DD and MTs pound. I don't know if it would help much but go to http://www.realmofexcursion.com/ and you can see some of those subs in action.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2134
i would def go with dd if you want loud go with either the 9500's series or the 9900 the only diff is the power they can take unless u will be puting more than 5krms to them then get the 9500 but if are putting more than that get the 9900 but i doubt if you get 4 of them u will be going with 20 krms so i would say go with 4 dd 9515's then get some amps or just get 2 9918's and you will be pounding lol

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1249
ryan, please never post jeje

Chattahoochee, FL USA

Post Number: 5
Ok now the DD-9915s, how much do they cost? I can't seem find any prices on the website.
I think that 5k watts RMS may be a bit much per sub, but in all that might be a realistic goal. Also, how much do the DD-9515s cost?

I'd like to get an idea of how much these are going to cost to find out how much of a budget I have to work with on the amp and a few more things.

Thanks,
Devin

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1336
hey dude ur going for spl????

ok for head units listen to all those people,

for ausb and aplifiers,

4 15 inch atomic apx,
and 4 5000.1 atomic amplifiers,

in subs and woofer ur gonna spend around 2.5k$$$$

now get two 300 amp alternators 1k$$$$$
o/o wiring 20$$$$

those atomic stuff ull be easily be hittin around 155-165 db easily with the chargin power and ull have some like 1k less for earplugs, new windows and sound dampening

oh hey the atomic apx is louder than dd, treo, and re audio mt wit out a doubt, the atomics apx are the better version of the shocker neo sig, atomics apx can take easily 28k watts at burps and can take easily 10k rms and yeah get some security sh!t for your explorer cuz with this system is gonna be a louder truck

oh hey atomic has 4 new world records i think they did it like 1-2 moths ago,

atomicspeakers.com

for the wirin woofersetc.com find a soundstream 0/0 the 0/0 is larger than the 0 gauge

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1337
oh hey with the pax have two advantages:
1. u can easily beat mmats, 3 or even 6 13w7 and digital design but u have to make a good box with internal bracing and everything,
u dont necesary need to tune your box at higher freq atomics apx can hit hard as hell with the box tuned 35hz and can beat those brands u named

2. ull have a pure, legendary spl system concact the dude from the atomic website and ull be movin some air

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 106
I know for a fact treo, DD, Soundstream XXX, mmats all hit hard, i heard those new Memphis LVS speakers can bump too... theyve got triple stacke magnets.... Also, Maybe a few SI Mag subs.... Think about some Resonant engineering XXX subs they are expensive but i think you can pull it, those will definately bump with the best, throw about 2500+ watts to each speaker and get 2 18s

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1339
yup but since he wants a spl system, for me a spl system is a system u can win by been the loudest dude, so if u think the ne re audio xxx, treos, stereos integritys cant touch a neo sig defianetly cant even keep up with a apx

Chattahoochee, FL USA

Post Number: 6
Anybody got any prices on any of these subs?
I went over to RoE and watched some videos and damn man there are some nice trucks and SUVs on there. I watched some videos with some DD-9500 series subs and some with Atomic APXX, both are nice subs and seem to move ALOT of air. Either would be sufficient for what I'm looking for, although there is no real way to know which is better without testing both and theres no shops around here that carry either so I guess I'll just have to choose one or be swayed one way. The DD are very reputable and probably have more people pulling for them so I'm probably going with them unless anyone else has anything else to add.

Thanks for the help so far...

Devin

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1340
the atomics apx u can get them for 360 plus shippin if u email the dude tfrom the website, its rated at 2500rms but can easily take 10000rms and 28k at burps

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8437
atomics apx is damn good !

heard a single 12 last night in a slot ported box & it was loud/ clean/ deep & they r cheaper than most of those others mentioned & since they r not so well known it would make a good choice - in my country here atomics r getting as common as alpine is in the USA so we here known its good a while now ...

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 348
whats atomics website?

Chattahoochee, FL USA

Post Number: 7
www.atomicspeakers.com

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2135
the dd will cost up to 1 g prob a little less but u have to call them there prices change alot but let me tell you they are def worth it and will beta out the atomic i believe
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us