Flared port length??

Silver Member
Username: Shman

Grandville, Michigan United States

Post Number: 269
why does the port length calculator on http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp only ask for port size, box volume, and tuning frequency??? doesnt the sub's displacement change what length of port is required?? if not......why??

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8396
did u notice this what they said :
"""Please compare your answers with other programs that include other allowances such as tapered ports."""

so its sort of a generic calculator that gives u a close idea , @ least thats what i feel ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
yeah i noticed that but i was just wondering if it would be a close representation of port length for ANY sub regardless of it's specs.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 279
bump

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4829
yeah i noticed that but i was just wondering if it would be a close representation of port length for ANY sub regardless of it's specs.....

Generally yes it will be. Most subs displacement (space taken up in the box by the subs basket etc) in a given size will be close to each other. For example I mean any 15 to 15 or 12 to 12 10 to 10 etc. So if your 8 inch sub requires 1 cubic foot and another 8 inch sub of a different brand calls for 1 cubic foot the displacements will not differ much from speaker to speaker of the same size.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us