SQ Sub suggestions.

Bronze Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 33
I am planning to buy a mid 80's full size blazer next spring and am looking for input on stricktly sound quality subs. I don't want SPL.

I am thinking of doing 2-10's and 2-12's (unless you think I should stay with one size) in custom enclosures so I need some suggestions so I can do some homework on how to make the boxes. I'll also need suggestions on the amp(s) to push them. I am planning on having roughly $3,000 to use for both amps and subs. Let me know what you think.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8394
well since i been on ecoustics i think i can safely say every1 agrees JLw6v2 has the best sq

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12514

get 2 of those & a JL 1000/1 (less than $1500) in a speced sealed box & ur good 2 go ......

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 1983
w6v2 is a good sq sub the best imo no, but every1's different, you could also look into idmax, AA atlas, eclipse al, eclipse ti, SI mag.

Bronze Member

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 34
Thanks guys. An idea just popped in my head but I don't know if it would work. If I got 4 of the subs and 2 of the amps, could I put a splitter on the RCA's and run 1 amp on just the left channel and the other amp on just the right channel so that 2 subs on the left side would be only receiving the left channel signal and visa versa?

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1206
IDmax is the best sq sub ive heard.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 443
"Thanks guys. An idea just popped in my head but I don't know if it would work. If I got 4 of the subs and 2 of the amps, could I put a splitter on the RCA's and run 1 amp on just the left channel and the other amp on just the right channel so that 2 subs on the left side would be only receiving the left channel signal and visa versa?"

why? that makes no sense.

and i second the IDMAX having outstsnading sq

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 444
"Thanks guys. An idea just popped in my head but I don't know if it would work. If I got 4 of the subs and 2 of the amps, could I put a splitter on the RCA's and run 1 amp on just the left channel and the other amp on just the right channel so that 2 subs on the left side would be only receiving the left channel signal and visa versa?"

why? that makes no sense.

and i second the IDMAX having outstanding sq

Bronze Member

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 35
"why? that makes no sense."

I didn't know if it was a good idea or not. I was just thinking that way if i was listening to bass that panned left to right, it would truly go that way. I'm guessing from your comment that its a bad way to go so I will do it regularly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us