Type R.............. Too much power??

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1390
K guyz i really have my eyes set on da amp Jake recommended so i wanna sell my current setup and buy 1 of those ampz and a type r for now cuz i dont have much money cuz i have no job. Do u think id be able to get a dual 4ohm type r and run it off a 2 ohm load from tha amp with out blowin it?? This amp has clean power and prob is a lil under rated. Do u think id get clean and decent with this amp and sub for now?? Thanx.

http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=4&pid=6&tab=Specs&cur=USD

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1391
Anyone?? :-)

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1596
imo, i wouldn't do it. You could power 2 type r's with that power easily. Probably can be done, if you know what your doing.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1392
Hey so u mean that it probably would be easy to blow the type r like that?? Thanx bro.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1393
bump

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 564
i think it would be pretty easy to blow the type r with 900rms. if you got another dual 4 and ran them at 1 ohm @ 1200rms, that would probably be a lot better.

why the he*ll are you doing that though? u have 2 cvrs..a type r doesnt get as loud, ive heard one powered right, and in the correct box, and the cvr is louder. the type r might have more sq, but it wont be worth it.

r u putting this in another vehicle or somethin?

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1394
I wanna get a good amp right away and get a sub for now till i get more money then buy sum good subs. I was gonna get a type r cuz it would prob handle that much power better than a cvr even if i blow it but i just need bass for now. And ya IMO that amp would prob be giving like 1000rms-1200rms @ a 2 ohm load cuz reviewz say its underrated. And i have to sell my cvrz and my current amp to buy that amp and maybe 1 type r. Ya i would get another sub but NO MONEY.

Silver Member
Username: Steve_collins

Post Number: 121
tj how much do you want for your cvr

Bronze Member
Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 91
Look you dont want to get a type R. They have very low SPL. Lets just say 2 R.F. P2's kick their butts in SPL. The Type R is almost completely SQL. I would save your money and get an Alpine Type-X. those aren't that expensive and sound amazing for the price. And the type X could definitley handle that amp. With no prob. So either keep your CVR's or upgrade to this bc one type R will bow down to those CVR's!!!!!
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14842
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us