Need help finding rms ratings of amp

Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 4
Ok Ok lol this is when i first started to get into sound and was out of town so please don't bash me too much. Didn't do much research just wanted something quick. Well, was in Texas and went to a mexican flea market (I know not the best choice for a amp) Was looking for a cheap 4 channel amp and found a Sharper Vision 4channel high power amplifier model i guess is Sharper-84-4. I tried to google it and search for it by all means, and it's like this amp don't exist! So if anyone can help me find out some info on it I would be extremely happy. Oh yea it's supposed to be a 600mW amp. No don't plan on upgrading for at least 4 months, car needs a new engine :-( This is for my front and rear stage thankyou sry i know a lot to read

Post Number: 5
anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 985
why don't you try with profile, i bet you'll find some nice prices on ebay or in their homepage.

Post Number: 6
huh? not sure if we're on the same page, I want to find out info about the amp i have not buy another one

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 700
Use a DMM, Find your voltage, find your amp draw, and multiply to get your wrms.
Example: 14.4 volts X 26 amps = 374.4 wrms

Post Number: 8
oh ok thanks, sorry to sound like such a noob, but just to be sure, how loud should i turn the stereo on to get a proper reading?

Post Number: 10
bump

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 702
Turn it up to its max correct setting. IE, not clipping, or distorting. That will give you the readings of it in your application. You could turn it up all the way for a higher reading, but may damage sub or amp in process.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
oh ok thankyou very much for taking time out to help marc :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us