Best SPL sub? Money no problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Dr_bass

TN USA

Post Number: 15
With money not being an issue, which is the best 12" or 15" subs for spl and little bit of sq. Going towards more of spl though. I heard Treo and RE audio are good. Any others?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1942
shocker neo-sig, put atleast 3000wrms to it and it will pound like no other.

Bronze Member
Username: Lilnomad

Marathon, Florida U.S.A.

Post Number: 81
^^^im wit him^^^

Silver Member
Username: Reef

Post Number: 379
whats the web site for that sub?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2078
firts off stop suggesting that sub you know he cant get one lol but ya i would go with a dd 9915

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6001
agreed with Charlie^

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 183
For daily... Treo SSX or DD 9915
For competition... Treo CSX

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1945
"firts off stop suggesting that sub you know he cant get one" LOL you can still find them i seen a 12 for sale about 4-5months ago i think the guy wanted around $800 for it, sure you may acutally have to search to find a shocker sub but when you do it will be worth it.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1237
nope dd 9500, re audio mt or atomic apx thats a legend in spl competitions

atomicspeakers.com

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1950
"nope dd 9500, re audio mt or atomic apx thats a legend in spl competitions"
LOL are you comparing those subs to a neo-sig, now thats funny a neo-sig would wipe the floor with those subs. a regular sig would be a better comparison.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1241
nope a neo sig and atomic will be pretty much the same,

yup those two can take one hell of a beatin those two can easily take around 10k rms the atomic can handle 25k at burps on the 12 model the 15 model im not sure but it can take around 28k at burps, the most watts i seen a person trwoned on a neo sig is around 15k rms at burps

in conclusion atomics apx and neo sig can get extremely loud a single apx 12 or neo sig can do well over 150 in a right install with more than 2500 rms in a well built ported box,

the thing is that both the atomics and neo sig are hard to find,
atomics they dont sell them to the public u have to be on competitions only if u want an atomic apx for daily driver its gonna cost u around more than 500 in a dealer if u go to comps u can get atomics for 400 each on the 18 inch model the neo sig i think some dude makes them and u have to phone him to make one specially for you im not sure

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1952
FYI mike the creator of shocker audio used to design subs for atomic, or he owns atomic to something like that, anyway neo-sigs are very hard to find and very exspensive when you do find them the motor alone for a 18inch neo-sig is around $400+, and also the DD 99z should be on the list also.

Silver Member
Username: Gangstafert

Jacksonville, Florida USA

Post Number: 203
You know whats funny i think the person who started this thread got scared away when he realized that MONEY IS AN ISSUE.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1954
LOL i was thinking the exact same thing.
Upload-neo-sig

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1243
yup the neo sig is very comparable to the atomics apx in a personal view i think the apx look befier and stronger

Bronze Member

TN USA

Post Number: 17
Actually, money isn't the issue with me. The issue I do have though is that I can't get these "speacial" subs ya talkin bout. I'm not going to call someone to make subs for me or travel to another state to get some. Just order off-line or phone or someone that's selling. See I've got the money just not anyone around here sell stuff that good. So really I just don't know how or where to purchase the subs. Well maybe the issue of space comes into play aswell so only 12s or 15s. I can't do 18s. And what about amps? What amps are good enough to power these subs? Something that could take a beating and not let me down.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1955
there bigger because the apx uses ferrite magnets while the neo-sig uses neo magnets, and neo magnets are like 10x more powerful than ferrite magnets, so actually thats a huge magnet for being neo instead of ferrite. http://forum.carstereos.org/f-for-sale-8/t-mint-bpx22001-boston-pro60-spl-sbsmtr snib-shallow-10s-rf-xover-free-boxespics-59251 heres a link of a guy thats selling some subs, there not shocker neo-sigs but they use the same motor and magnet, and there very cheap also, you could email him and see if he still has them.

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 207
try 2 18 kicker solo x... lol these will have about no sq tho

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1247
dustin i know the neo sig use neo magnets acuallty there are two types of sig one the regular with ferite magnets and the neo that use neo magnets just like the new xxx,d9 and others,

the problems of the neo magnets is that they are 10x to 12x more powerfull but it do not last like a ferrite magnet because the heat up pretty quickly thats why they are only used for burps applications with tons of power the ferrite magnets last more but are less efficient or power full if neo magnets can make a woofer into a super woofer every brand will have neo magnets in their subwoofers and tweeters,but the apx motor have same streng or is more powerfull as the neo sig or normal sig

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1957
"if neo magnets can make a woofer into a super woofer every brand will have neo magnets in their subwoofers"
im sure a lot of companeys would use neo magnets if they could afford them, neo costs a lot more than ferrite magnets thats why not a lot of subs have them, never heard of neo mags not lasting very long, or heating up quickly.

Bronze Member

TN USA

Post Number: 19
So neo magnets don't last as long as ferrite? Than how come top notch subs have neo not ferrite? If someone puts out a lot on their system and it only last a few competitions than why waist money on the neos? To me money's not a problem since I've got a little under $12,000 left for my system but who wants to buy something that don't last long anyways? Oh and is 12 grand enough for a decent system?

Bronze Member

TN USA

Post Number: 20
So neo magnets don't last as long as ferrite? Than how come top notch subs have neo not ferrite? If someone puts out a lot on their system and it only last a few competitions than why waist money on the neos? To me money's not a problem since I've got a little under $12,000 left for my system but who wants to buy something that don't last long anyways? Oh and is 12 grand enough for a decent system?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3864
go to the DD website and order a 9915.

END OF STORY.

Neo magnets are stronger....but not at higher temps...... but it would take way more ferrite to match the strength of the neo's at their higher temp anyway.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1959
"Oh and is 12 grand enough for a decent system?" holy sh1t, you know since i responded to your thread you should hook me up with couple hundreded bucks, i know you can afford it.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1249
look bro alot of companys use neo magnet on tweeters because they use low power is hard to make the motor to heat up and like 0.5/10 of midbass have neo magnets and like 5/10 of tweeters have neo magnets

u mean top notch have neo magnets???

umm treo do not have neo magnets and/
digital designs, eclipse subs, jl auddio subs,ascendant audio,elevation audio, mmats orion soundsplinter umm and alot more

the only ones that use neo magnets are diamond audio, re audio for their new xxx, and the neo sig,

As far as magnet technology Neo offers certain things but also it is an unstable material when it come to temperature flex.
Tone depends on a whole a lot of things besides the magnet material but response can be different.

The magnetic strenght is much higher, so less magnet is required (less weight) for the same motor strength.

I understand neodymium is highly toxic to work, so the death rate in the sweat shop countries will increase somewhat.

Evidently the dramtically decreased weight is also helping pricing. I notice the expensive Eminence drivers are ferrite, and the Neo are less expensive

because neo are less expensive and lighter than ferrite i think they are going to be the nex generation but theres aproblem they heat up pretty quickly and they are highly toxic they can cause death.

the magnet is not the important thing on a woofer is only a part of the woofer the magnet is important as the coil, basket, and cone

Gold Member

Post Number: 3865
http://www.tonetubby.com/alnico.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neodymium_magnet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceramic_Magnet

Gold Member

Post Number: 3866
hey lilrob....you don't have to explain magnets to me.:-)

i am not a n00b.:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3867

quote:

look bro alot of companys use neo magnet on tweeters because they use low power is hard to make the motor to heat up and like 0.5/10 of midbass have neo magnets and like 5/10 of tweeters have neo magnets

u mean top notch have neo magnets???

umm treo do not have neo magnets and/
digital designs, eclipse subs, jl auddio subs,ascendant audio,elevation audio, mmats orion soundsplinter umm and alot more

the only ones that use neo magnets are diamond audio, re audio for their new xxx, and the neo sig,

As far as magnet technology Neo offers certain things but also it is an unstable material when it come to temperature flex.
Tone depends on a whole a lot of things besides the magnet material but response can be different.

The magnetic strenght is much higher, so less magnet is required (less weight) for the same motor strength.

I understand neodymium is highly toxic to work, so the death rate in the sweat shop countries will increase somewhat.

Evidently the dramtically decreased weight is also helping pricing. I notice the expensive Eminence drivers are ferrite, and the Neo are less expensive

because neo are less expensive and lighter than ferrite i think they are going to be the nex generation but theres aproblem they heat up pretty quickly and they are highly toxic they can cause death.

the magnet is not the important thing on a woofer is only a part of the woofer the magnet is important as the coil, basket, and cone

you can totally tell when you stop talking and a professional starts talking. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3868
i am just messing with ya man.:-)

seriously....
get a DD 9915(ferrite magnets.lol)

with about 6kw and be amazed.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3449
he hadnt even tooken a physics class yet, talkin bout magnets and flux...
Lil rob give me a few magnetic formulas......

this is just too good.... :-O

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2088
hey if you have that kind of money call dd and ask them if they can get u a dd 99z they will blow just about anything away but then again if you dont want to spend that kinds of money get a dd 9915 once again one of the best subs out there

and dustin i was just saying it is very difficult to get one of those otherwise more people would have them i know i would have tried to get one

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1250
oh hey my bad the xx has no neo magnets is the re audio mx, now tell me why re audio chose ferrite magnet for their xxx and neo magnets for the lower end xxx that is called mx????? umm i think re audio put the best on the xxx and they have ferrite magnets, no neo on the xxx my bad

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 855
i am with muddy get some DD 9915's or maybe some RE MT's. they get extremely loud and from what i hear they have good SQ. they may not get as loud as some of the super spl sub mentioned^^^ but they can handle daily driving. the the other subs mentioned were not designed to be used for anything other than competitions. they were designed for only one purpose, get stupid loud for 30 sec. or less. anything longer would be pushing it. if you you plan on actually listening to music i would get the DD or MT. plus 2 9915s or RE MTs with about 2500-3000wrms ea. will get loud enough make it too painful to listen at full volume any ways.

Silver Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 194
Muddy you beat me to it. I was going to say that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us