Car Subs to House

Username: Ezmak24

Post Number: 2
I just resently bought a 91 ford ranger (regular cab) and my subs can't fit anywhere in there so I decided I want to hook them up through my sterio system in my house. I want to run them through the amp but how am I suppose to do the power and also what do I do with the remote wire?

I would be very greatful for any help.
Thanx
Nick Makinen

Bronze Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 51
Car sterio is called CAR Sterio for a reason. You could use the subs for the home audio but as far as the amp goes- it would not work. Where would you ground and how the heck would you figure out where to put a remote. You should by a AMP that is made for home audio with ablilties to have VCR, TV, CD, DVD, ect.. There is no where to input these. How would you control it.

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 130
it is possable to hook your car amp up in your house i have done it but it is realy not worth it and it is hard to get it to sound right if you realy realy want to use your car amp let me know and i well tell you what you need trust me though it isnt just a few wires now for the subs you can go ahead and hook them up to a stereo that you have in your house just as long as its a good one not like some crumy 50w thing unless your subs are 25w each get my drift and remember your car subs are normaly 4ohms or less were a home speaker is 8ohm so you are going to be sucking more power from that home amp but i have noiticed that home amps are a little more stable then some car amps

Username: Ezmak24

Post Number: 3
It would be great if you could tell me how to do it. I have the amp and I have nothing else I can do with it, so I mite has well hook it up in the house.

Other wise if anyone else has an idea for 2 12's and a 1000W amp that won't fit in my new ranger (regular cab)I'm willing to listen. thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Randy420

Post Number: 32
you will need a AC/DC converter or a battery and a charger...just make sure your battery is in a well venterd area

Bronze Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 95
you can make those 12's fit in your truck. just forget about trying to hook the stuff up in the house. there was a very similar thread to this one before, and glass described thoroughly how it just wouldnt work well, and it would cause a hazard. if you cant fit em, then sell em, not worth puttin them in your house.

Bronze Member
Username: Randy420

Post Number: 33
put them in the house if that what you want..i have a 97 ford ranger and i can hook 2 mtx in the back of mine,tight fit....but house would work too

Silver Member

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 131
I know this is alot but please read it all before doing any thing

ok the biggest car amp that you can run in a house is 500-700watts depending on how many amps
your home outlets can suply if it is a normal looking outlet then it is 15amps AC if it is in DC witch the power suply well convert it too you can run about 30amps you should just check your fuse box to make sure witch if it is 15 amps you take 30 and times it by 12 witch is 360 so you can run a 360w peak amp

well now that we have that out of the way this is what you need to do go to some web search engine and search for 30 amp 12 volt power supplie and then keep uping the amps by 5 untell you can't find them or you are out of your price range or go 5 less untell you can fined one or just find one in your price range remember take the amps that the power supply well put out and times them by the volts witch should be 12 to 15 and that well tell you how big of an amp that you can have hooked up to it and later you are going to need a car stereo head unit with a line in on it so try to save at leest 8 amps from the power supply for that

figure that out and then email me letting my know if you still want to do this bdb_86@hotmail.com

Silver Member

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 132
o ya you are going to want an AC to DC power suply

Anonymous

i had a JL Audio sub and a 1400 watt rms amp in my house for over 2 years before i ever got a home stereo system and i never had any problems i don't know what the deal is. i liked the JL sub in my house better then the home stereo system i have now. all i did was got a AC to DC power supply from Radio Shack and plug it up. but you can fit those subs in that ranger just buy a new box to fit in it. i got 3 12s in my S10 so i don't see why you can't fit them in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us