Brahma?

Just In
Unregistered guest
Okay guys, i hear little about brahmas, but not as much as JL, Kicker, RE, Mmats, and ect. Why is that, are they bad subs, or is it that no one has them because there top of the line and coast alot of money for the low power handling, or is it that they are just a SQ sub. give me your opinions and how they compare to jl and others. and what is all the talk about RE subs being so good when both RE and Brahma use the Xbl^2 technology?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 485
1) low power handling...ima have to say a no on that with 1600w rms and 4800w peak handling

2) adire is a lesser known brand name than those you mentioned because it makes solely home audio drivers and a few car audio drivers

3) they are excellent subs - the 10" brahma has the highest throw of a 10" sub on the market i believe too....

4) they are SQL subs, create high SPL levels while delivering phenomenal SQ too

5) compared to JL, i think they are near equal - and the 15" brahma i would have to say outperforms the 13w7

6) RE and Adire as well as Destijl Engineering all use XBL^2 tech - RE and DE are licensees of adire's innovation....RE also makes awesome subwoofer, about equal to adires - but exceeds to the 18" subs instead of stopping at 15"

hope this helps a bit

Silver Member

Post Number: 486
oh and they are priced much lower than JL's w7 series, and even lower than the w6v2 series...

about $350 for the 10", $400 for the 12" and $450 for the 15"

also, the brahma extreme - only comes in 15" model, has a linear throw of 34mm 1 way - to say the least, it is an extreme subwoofer....i havent ever heard any one driver like it

just in
Unregistered guest
well the 1600rms that you mentioned is only thermal and brahma sugests that you only put 400 to 600rms to there mark ll subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 490
pending on the enclosure and the size of it....

if its a 3 cubic foot vented box then yeah i can see why they wouldonly reccomend 600w rms

if its a 1 cubic foot sealed box, you'd prbly need 1200w rms to get that thing moving like the vented box

just in
Unregistered guest
they sugest you don't put more than 1000rms, and if you do it breaks the warranty. and for a 1.96 cubic feet sealed they say 600rms is perfect.

If any body else would like to responed to this form that would be great. i just want to hear more about brahmas.

Anonymous

just what kinda SPL can a brahma 10 produce???

i know that this depends on many variables but on average, what kinda spl would a single brahma 10 in a vented box (1.5-2cuft) with 600-900 watts produce?

say it would be in somthing like a tahoe.

Silver Member

Post Number: 491
my best guess could be around 125-145 dB

like you said, pends on alot of things...

Robert J
Unregistered guest
i got my brahma 12 and i put it in a 2.2 sealed box, i have a bmw with the rear seat folded down and sub facing in the cabin i took it to my local car audio shop an and hit 135.3db with a kicker 600.1, which is awsome considering my friend has a 97 eclise and uses the same amp but has 4 sony explods 12inch 5 sided things and he only hit 138. and what is really cool is mine sounds so much better.

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 61
yea...sony is cheap crap! brahmas eat em alive! come to think of it any halfway desent sub does!!!

...cant wait for my brahma to come in!!!
...most places have em on backorder, but i happened across a place that had some in stock.

Robert J
Unregistered guest
just so you guys now there is a guy on ebay that has them on sometime. thats where i got mine, and it only took a week to get it and it coast me $392

boister77
Unregistered guest
nothing wrong with the brahma. i love mine. re is one of the fad companies right now like a adire was a while ago.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us