New System

Username: Matt_stu

Post Number: 7
alright i am getting rid of my old system and am upgrading to a newer one. im pretty cheap and am new to making my own speaker setup. anyways i have 2 1200 watt sony amps these ones right here http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16408

now to each amp i would have hooked up 2 of these subwoofers there would be four in my trunk alltogether. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16647
now how would this system work and would it hit as hard as it should being powered by these amps. thanks for any input

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 125
First, it's worth stating that with the money for those 4 subs you could get 1 or 2 far superior subs and have it sound just as good and almost certainly better than those Sony subs. More subs does not always mean better or louder and the more drivers your running the more important it is to set them up properly and that's not something you can usually do no a tight budget.

That being said, if you do run that setup you'll be underpowering those subs since those amps only push 200W RMS x2 at 4 ohms and the subs are rated for 380W RMS a piece. It'll work but you won't be powering the subs to their full potential.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1114
sony sucks as h3ll i recomend audiobahns aw1206t if ur in a budget go to cardiscountstereos.com with sony amps u will need an upgrade but is cool
if u want to keep them then check my bahns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j8jDv0T8RQ

only 99 for each

Post Number: 8
alright or i was also thinking about getting 2 of these and hooking one up to each amplifier since i already have two what would you think of this setup better than the 4 sony subs or no also if i did get those 4 sony subs which would be the best way to set them up in the trunk? thanks for all the help http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13520

Silver Member
Username: Gangstafert

Jacksonville, Florida USA

Post Number: 160
Get 2 arsenals
http://www.ascendantaudio.com/arsenal12specs.html

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1115
no audiobahns make some crappy subs and decent all their lower end models sucks alot the aw series but im talkin about aluminums like mines are aw1206t and inmortals and eternals are ok but all those audiobahns subs sucks alot and buy them from cardiscountstereos freakin fast shippin and great service the bad thing they are underground and only sell audiobahns phoenix gold piooner for their top of the line

Post Number: 9
ahhh i was just on that site looking at those. they look amazing i actually know a friend who helped me fix my first amp has two of those in his sebring. they hit very hard and are amazingly powerfull ill look into these any other ideas also what about those two fifteens they seem reasonably cheap.

Post Number: 10
ahh sorry bout postin the audiobahns u posted while i was typing alright so im looking at those aresenals or assasins which ones would u say

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
hey darek fanton what amps would power all 4 of those subs to the fullest potential just wondering because its still not to late to return those amps only had them for a couple days im redoing my whole setup and i tend to impulse buy

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 128
amps are really subjective, everybody has different opinions but to run those 4 subs you just want to look for something that'll put out around 800W at 2 ohms for a mono amp, or a 2 CH 400W per CH amp. Obviously, you'll need 2 of them, one for each set of 2 subs. I can only speak on what I've run which are old school Rockford, Pioneer and Alpine amps and I've had nothing but good luck with amps in the past. I like the old Rockford amps but they're tough to come by and the new school Rockford stuff isn't up to the same standard in my opinion. Like I said though, you'll need around 1600W of total power to run those Sony subs to their full potential. And that's RMS wattage, max wattage means next to nothing.

As I said before though, I wouldn't go with anything Sony, amps or subs, there's much better out there for the money. Somebody already suggested Ascendant Audio and I hear nothing but good things about them so you may want to look into those. In terms of which model, that just depends on your budget and how much money you're looking to spend on powering them in terms of amps and possible electrical system upgrades and such.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
well ive actually looked into this quite a bit rms wattage so on ill run it by you guys before i order. money is becoming not an issue since i got a good summer job (screw college money). i would go with 2 arsenal 15 inch subs with a 2 mono block amps. the only thing is im having trouble finding an mono block amp that will run 750w RMS power. of course i would probably start off with 1 sub and 1 amp then in time when the money comes buy another of the same amp and anopther sub. what is your suggestions on an amp to power this

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
also ive found some 2 channel amplifiers that run high RMS for a lower price than a mono block if i get set with an amp this system will be set

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 281
im running my arsenal of a kcikerkx600.1 sounds pretty good

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 248
Hey Stu, whats up, its pinto, haha. See by running one sub and amp then planning to put more in, you'll put yourself in a box situation. I know waiting to get it all set up is a pain in the @ss but its worth it all in the end. You should actually try this out. Get the amp and sub below, in an enclosure with about 4-5 cubes space tuned to 32hz. It will be much more efficient, and believe me when I say it will be loud :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BXi1606D-Class-D-Mono-Amplifier-Amp-BXi-1606D_W0QQi temZ9744070429QQihZ008QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/havoc_page.html

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 249
Oh btw, I can build a box for you too if you want.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
hey pinto havnt seen ya around town lately. that sub looks good but would it hit harder then two of those 15s i was talkin about. the setup u gave me would be around 250 cheaper then thhose two 15's and it would be a great buy if it hit harder. thanks man

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 455
screw 2 channels. that sony xplod amp sucks soooo bad. the most you can get out of it is 250rms x2 @2 ohms. if you try to wire it into 1 channel it overheats so fast, even at 4 ohms, you cant touch it. get rid of both of those amps ASAP. trust me! sell those.

you could sell both of those amps, and get an A8000t which is 800rms for about 130 shipped. and it doesnt overheat, and puts out the true power.

for subs, i would rather get assassins than sonys any day.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
yeai returned those amps at rex they let me and im goin to get 2 of those arsenal 15's but still lookin for an 2 amp no more than $250 a piece to power each one

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
how do you think this amp would do running one of those arsenal 15's http://www.cyberplayce.com/electronicscomputer/1014330.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
well screw that sub read it over again and said factory reconditioned. anywyas ive also been looking at these i called the company and asked them what they recomend they said anything from 500-800w RMS. any recomendations? this was one i was thinking of a bit to powerful i thought would that hurt the speaker at all. and any other recomendations on amps. thank your very much for all the help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
well screw that sub read it over again and said factory reconditioned. anywyas ive also been looking at these i called the company and asked them what they recomend they said anything from 500-800w RMS. any recomendations? this was one i was thinking
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15852 of a bit to powerful i thought would that hurt the speaker at all. and any other recomendations on amps. thank your very much for all the help

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 252
Well two properly powered Arsenal 15's in the right enclosure(s) will definitly be louder, but the Havoc will still put out a bit more than you think, and also save a good amount as you know. And by the way, you should only run 1000wrms at the most off of your stock alternator, or else you'll end up frying it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
aight i ordered the subwoofers and im lookin to order the amp to go with it. im gonna go with this one to power it http://www.allaudioexpo.com/nav/details.asp?itemid=1424&catid=71&tran=fgle

what do you think i posted this on another forum and he said i would have to set the gain for my amp since it runs at 1100 watts rms at 2 ohm but those speakers are 4 ohm. would this amp be perfect for those speakers or wut ya think

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 253
You can't run a 2ohm load off that amp to the subs. Either 1 or 4. Look into a Hifonics BXi1206D, that would work pretty good for you. Buy it from either ikesound.com or eBay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us