Somethink not right need help

Bronze Member
Username: Cawb

Post Number: 40
Ok every time i i turn songs on my deck my subs make a thump noise and every time i takeout and put in a need cd my subs thump wats wrong?

Bronze Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 45
My friend had this happen with his MTX 5500. What it was, was that the sub was pulled back when he stopped the song and right when he put something new in, it bumped (since it had to release). Maybe this is what's happening with your subs also.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
i dont think so because it does it every time i change a song

Bronze Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 47
Well, maybe your very accurate at changing songs right when your subwoofer is ready to bump? I don't know, other than that, I don't know what could be going on but, im sure someone will read this thread with all their car audio know how and know exactly what's wrong...

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 402
A sub shouldn't "have to release" as you put it. I've never seen a sub stick when you change the song or whatever. Although, I have seen a sub get stuck all the way out, like the vioce coil jumped out of the magnet and got stuck.

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 462
you could have bad rcas, or something messed up with your HU and its wires.

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 244
YOUR AMP DOESNT HAVE QUIET TURN ON(DONT WORRY ITS JUST THE AMP POWERING UP)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
its not my subs or amp i dont think because i had a sony 1200wat amp with 2 sony 10inch and it did it and i baought new 12s and did the same thing and now i have a new amp and subs and new wiring and rcas, it used to be really bad it would thump really hard with the volume down all the way and it would do it while playing music then i changed to a old crappy deck and it didnt do it, then i put my new deck in again and changed the ground on my amp and it stoped thumping at 0 volume but it still does it when my amp powers up and when i change the song? i dunno

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 122
does it do it when you turn on your flashers or turn signals? cuz i have the same problem, i think its some kind of ground problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
no it doesnt, i dunno could i have a ground loop?

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 929
Lol, Yes, you have a grounding issue. Don't use the factory ground/power for you Head Unit. Check all your grounds. If that fails, try a common ground, wire all the electronics that are related to your stereo to one point or in close proximity to each other so they are seeing the same resistance. Your grounding could also be insufficient.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us