Fast kicky bass

Bronze Member
Username: Splinter00

Post Number: 34
ok, as the title says, what do you guys recomend for me to set my amp to to get a nice fast kicky bass. my sub is a sealed box, and i just want that kick, i dont like the lower bass as much, also what are some good songs with that fast kicky bass?

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1037
get a 10" sub with a relatively high resonant frequency.Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
well i got a 10" kicker solobaric L5, the frequency is: 24-100 what can i do

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1601
setting ur amp is somthing that we cant tell you. all i can tell you is leave ur subsonic filter off. LPF around 80 and ur gain (pre-out voltage of HU)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
ok, well when ever i turn my amp to 2-8V ( since my hu is 4v) it sounds so quiet and theres like no bass :S and the subsonic filiter is just the nob with subsonic on it correct?

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 949
no get a better fronstage...a good front stage with a well imaged and aligned sub will get you the quick midbass and bass impact. The sub should really just be giving you the impact of the drum while the midrange woofer gives you the kick.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3266
yea what Alteraudio said..
:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
well all i got up front right now is a pair of coaxials, in the future im hoping to get an amp and some components, then move the coaxials to the back. so i guess im gunna have to wait then

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 959
yeah unfortunately coax's do not always offer very good control over the speakers. I have a 15in sub that people have a hard time telling if the bass is up front or coming from the rear because its aligned correctly to play in tandem with the drivers up front so that the midbass and bass frequencies are playing in harmony. Its is a nice feeling when you get it and really brings out the music.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 947
c alter thats whut i want....man ima start a new thread so u can tell me how n whut to do to get bass upfront

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 949
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/240880.html hears the link dude
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us