2 channel amp and dual voice coil

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 392
could i run one set of terminals on the sub (one coil) to one channel of the sub and the other set of terminals (second coil) to the other channel of the amp??

My amp at 4ohms puts out 300RMS at 2ohms puts out 500rms so if possible what ohm would my subs be running at if each pair of terminals had their own channel?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1642
what are the specs of that amp?

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 393
Lanzar VIbe 248
http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Lanzar_Vibe_248

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1644
yes. u can do it. why would u want to though... if u have one sub and one amp, ur good to go

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 394
No imjust asking but i have 2 of these subs running off it so i guess its okay.

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Lanzar_HRW124D_Sub_Woofers/display_~full_specs

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1648
make sure u wire it bridged 4 ohms

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2362
Bassman3, one of those subs and that amp WON'T work> and it may just be enough power for 2, but do not be surprised if not though.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1661
ty,

the amp does 1200 @ 4 ohm bridged

each sub = 500 rms = 1000 rms needed:

he will have 2 og those sub ( dual 4 ohm) which means if he wire them to 4 ohms bridged he will get 500 rms to each sub (b/c lanzar is a lil overrated)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2366
a little, try alot on that model.... and that is not at normal voltage for max power

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 396
ALOT:|? Come on not really.....

So you mean connect the 2 subs 2gether? Right now i have it wired at 2ohms but what exactally should the 4 terminals on each sub be wired as?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1663
there are very few amps where you will get the power anyways becasue they all rate them at 14.4 anyways. i am just sayin that if he wanted the best choice for this amp thats how he would need to do it. i am not sayin that i like the amp, because personally i wouldnt ever get a lanzar amp. i'm just tellin him what he has to work with :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2372
you have to run those series/parallal, go to www.the12volt.com and look in woofer wiring.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1674
you always need to connect the subs together unless ur runnin one to each channel or sumthin

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 397
Each sub goes into its own channel. Its a 2 channel amp. If i bridged it would that work the same or what?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1695
if ur subs are each DVC 4 ohm subs - do this:

Upload

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1696
so ^^ you would bridged it to 4 ohms. just wire it like above and then when it comes time to connect the speaker wires to the amp, connect them to the "bridged" terminals on the amp.

this is all if you have (2)dual voice coil, 4 ohm subs

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 780
i own lanzar vibe 1800d and is nice, but lanzar has like 98 bad models and 6 good jejej lol!

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 398
Do you have some specfic ratings for certain lanzar models? (a chart or anything?)

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 399
Could i use Volt meter to meassure the AMPS being put out by my amp?

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 181
Lanzar has 6 good models? which ones, i thought they all overrated garbage from what i heard\seen...like my power acoustik haha

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1734
u can use a multimeter for anything. find the amps and multiply it by the volts. = watts :-)

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 400
SO then i can find out for shore how much each channel is putting out in terms of Watts right? (id check each channel at that. How do i know what amount of volts must it be multiplied by?? Do i gota look on hte battery its a 05 Honda Civic so if anyone knows what the Volts for that is..?)

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1753
you have to get a multi-meter. there like 15 bucks at radio shack or places like that

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 655
You will need a meter that reads amps. Newer ones have an amp clamp that you just clamp around the power wire. Then you will need to get your voltage, set meter to DC volts ant probe the power and ground at the amp. So like 13.6 volts X the amprage at the amp, say 32 amps, = @ 435 watts.
To get a max reading, turn up your system to its normal max and take the readings then. That way you will see what the amp is pushing in real world watts

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 788
only good rated models from lanzar are optidrives, vibe 1800d/1200d, heritage 2600d, and one that is kinda overrated but is nice, the 3100d that puts out 1700w+. The others are like hifo jejeje or worse

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 404
POwer wires positive and Grounds Negative?

I have to terminals on the thing (wires) that are black and red so should i check the power going to the amp or amps putting out? Can't i just check from teh Channel Pos-Pos and Neg-Neg and see the watts each channels kicking? (Oh how do i avoid dieing and shocking/blocking anyting up?)

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 214
ummmm, u dont do it by the speaker outputs, you keep your speakers connected(assuming they can take the amps max power, or your perferred setting,whichever your trying to get the rms for) and while its hitting your subs at the average volume you want to test it on, you just look at what the amps and the volts are that are being pulled through your power wire. and it tells you how many watts are being produced, and it gives you your rms, assuming the amps are using the power efficently enough. do you have a digital power cap? it would have your voltage and amps on it.

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 406
NO i mean measure the output of watts from the CHANNEL OUTPUT ON THE AMP. I dont have a Cap no, dont really think i need it.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 223
just connect one channel at a time and test it that way.....rough enough guess... otherwise your going to need more things to test the channel...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us