RE XXX or Audiobahn IMMORTAL

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 144
RE XXX is for SPL but with quality still right? I am trying to find somthing to replace my immortals with but was wondering.....do you think with 1 RE XXX 12" it would sound louder and better then the 2 12" Immortals? I find audiobahn to be very very very $heity

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 986
either way id take the re xxx over tht audiobahn ne day way way way better sq......

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 146
Well actually now im thinking go with 1 or 2 15" XXX's i finnaly found them on the internet...as long as i find one with the VC config i want... Dual 2 ohm.(Love my 1 ohm) is the 15's SQ quality better or worse then the 12"?

Silver Member

Post Number: 990
well sq will almost be identical from either but it also depends on the enclosure u put it in!!!!
how much u payin for the xxx's??????

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 257
you think XXX's will have the same SQ as Audio's? Never heard the XXX's but from what I've heard XXX's have good SQ. John you said 1 or 2 then said dual ohm. If you get 2 (and run them on one amp) make sure they are dual 4's. cant run dual 2's at one ohm...

Silver Member

Post Number: 991
im 100% sure they will have way better sq then the audioburns.....

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 237
He was comparing the sq of a 12xxx agianst a 15xxx not a immortal. And im gonna have to say two immortals would beat 1 xxx for spl. But 2 xxx now would beat 2 immortals.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 258
Oh... I thought he was saying 1 XXX= 1 Immortal in SQ. Gotcha!

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 238
The immortal is a good sub if you want something loud but when it comes to sq the word immortal shouldnt even be mentioned. I say this because i had one.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 147
Well the immortal beats hard, but i dont think it beats as hard as it says it should without sounding so crappy the bass isnt worth it. Its almost like if i try to give them the 2000watts rms each they start putting off a smell instantly like the VC's are heating up really quick. But they sound like trash. it sounds like i hve a plastic bag in front of the sub.....and there is not 1 air leak in the boxes. I was meaning comparing the SQ of the XXX to the IMMortal and really the SPL to... I think i might go with the 2 15" XXX's or 2 15" Ascendant Havocs. But i want SQ and still have alot of SPL... I dont want to hear that "Plastic Bag" effect anymore.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 243
2 15" xxx is alot of power man, also alot of money. Do you have an upgraded electrical system? if not thats y ur immortal was burning. no car can produce 2000rms on a stock alternator.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 151
I have upgrades i got a 200A alt. 1 redtop and 2 yellow top's along with my 0gauge.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 246
Nvm then about not supplying enough power thats sounds just perfect for powering two xxx. What do you plan on using for an amp. I have to recomend the orion 2500d i love mine and wouldnt trade it for the world.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 155
Im not quite to sure yet im still looking around, is the Orion2500D 1 ohm stable? what does it put out at 1ohm if it is. I want an amp for each sub and push them at 1ohm

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 250
yes its one ohm stable. They push 2500rms/5000peak at 1 ohm but i hear that is underrated. I have also heard of people that go down to .5 ohm with the amp and havin roughly 3500rms. If you got two xxx dvc 2 ohm subs you could wire a 2500d to .5 ohm and that'd be a crazy system but agian i dont know how long that amp can handle at .5 ohm. If you got the money though to afford 2 xxx then 2 2500d wouldnt hurt ya either.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 156
I have heard alot about these amps and i might end up going with them. Do you have any idea on where i can find them the cheapest?

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 518
autotek 2000d orion 2500d kicker 2500 all 1ohm stable https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/239842.html

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 519
orion 2500d 500 ebay free shippin an autotek 2000d 420 shippd

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 160
I didnt check ebay yet but i will now, but check out this amp i found in the process...
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16720
i think im gunna need that in a few years....to push 4 subs.. haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us