Amp settings

Bronze Member
Username: Krazyj

USA

Post Number: 58
I have an eclipse 5425 head unit with three 5v pre outs and and alpine mrp-f320,what do you suggest the gain to be set to,the bass boost off or on?, and what to set the LP filter to. This is a sealed enclosure with an RF P2 10".thanks

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1039
Set the LPF to around 80 hz. BASS BOOST OFF! Don't use bass boost, if you want more bass use your subwoofer output level on your HU. As for the gain set it to where ever 5v would be on the nob, the same as the preouts on your HU.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 59
the gain has min,notch,notch,nom,.5v,notch,notch

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 60
the last notch being max should i put it on max?

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 61
anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3084

# After setting the system up, turn off the system.

# Adjust all amplifier gain controls to minimum.

# Adjust the main volume control on the system 3/4 way up.

# Increase the amplifier gain controls until it's at the maximum audio level you'll ever listen to the system.

To learn more: http://www.bcae1.com/gaincon2.htm

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 909
OK, bass boost at the HU also effects the bass going to your speakers...i'm assuming you're using the loudness on the deck feature right. You can use that but its not totally necessary. Bass Boost on the amp, i'd say use it a LITTLE. Not alot. I like to use it cause if its a good bass boost you can adjust the frequency which it boost so if you like a strong low end emphasis put a little on it, 45hz, and nothing more than 25% on the gain for BB. As for setting up gain and all, I like to go and set the gains to 0, then turn my radio up to normal listening volumes and adjust the gain to where the speakers start to move pretty well but not totally peak performance. Then I turn the radio to the loudest listening volume i'd go. Listen and watch the speakers to see how far they are being pushed. If they aren't bottoming out or getting distorted raise the gain til they are right on the edge without crossing that point. Be sure to take time and listen to the speakers for signs of distorting or getting loose on you. Thats bad,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us