TJ - some more questions for ya

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 313
i have my cvrs sealed now, at about 1.3 cub feet per chamber (just a guess). they are really loud, and actually just as loud as my ported box at 38hz, because that box had about 1.7 cubic feet per chamber, including the ports. lol. its supposed to be 1.75 per chamber + the port displacement, lol.

my subs are really loud now, but what can i gain if i get a box 2 cub feet per chamber + port displacement? also tuned at 32.

if my subs are really loud at sealed IMO, then 30 hz, might be better for me cause im lookin for sq. 30 hz dual chamber has to be louder than the sealed, so that will also be loud enough for me. what you think???? any help will work.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 325
bumpp

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 335
bump. where are you TJ???

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 345
TJ...where have you been for the last 3 days??!?!?

i need help.

BUMPP>...

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1269
lol sorry man i was out of town, ya did i tell u i made my new enclosure? 4cuft of box volume for both cvrs tunes to 32hz. It slams so hard, so far this is the best ive made for them. It has decent sq but if u want it to be cleaner id tune it to like 30 or 31hz it should still be pretty loud, but damn lol saturday my friend wanted me to meet him at mcdonalds where he works cuz he was all pumped cuz he got a 300 watt dual amp from best buy with 2 15" subs in a bandpazz that i sold him so when i got their i got in his truck, he was actin all bad all nodin his head and sh!t i was like whoa that does sound pretty kool, it was distoring like a mutha, so then i went to my car right next to him, he hasnt seen any of my systems yet, but i told him to just hear it from his truck i opened 2 of my car doors right next to him and opened his truck door right next to my car doors and put it low-mid volume and all you could hear is clean clean nice bass output with loudness and it was louder than his and he was like damn, he got all hurt and jelous, then i blasted it its hardest at song 9 on bass mechanik reloud album disc 2 and he was freakin out it was shakin his truck then he got down he was like damn u could se my side windowz about half way down movin a lil and my side doors flexin a lil then some dude came out of mc donalds and was actin all expert like u gotta fix that cuz my trunk was rattlin and my subs are firing towards the seats with seats down, then he heard it and he def shut tha fu*k up and saw its pushin out my front windshield slowly and he was all that cant be safe, cuz of how loud it is.Bich was walkin over hear actin al hard and like an expert i was gonna be like who da fu*k u think u are but i was like naw. Ya but def i got the loudest best soundin subs in my town!:-)

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1270
If ur sealed enclosure was louder then ur ported @ 38hz u musta not had it tuned right or sumthin, cuz when i had mine sealed @ 1cuft each i hated the way they sounded, now with this enclosure its excelent, but my box already came loose from the vibrations so today ima have to add a lot more screws and recaulk tha fu*ker!

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1271
I have a tiny sheet of dyno in my trunk but ima have to throw it away and buy sum edead pretty soon. :-)

kool i learned how to put smileyz, lol. :-) ^^^

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 347
yeah, i might take the exact dimensions from your box, and throw it in my car, see how it sounds. is the one port sound good?? and is the whole box one huge chamber?? lol.

i hope my subs are that loud when i build that box. dang.

something cool though: using my sealed box, i shook someones steering wheel when my doors were closed and so was his, when i drove by. lol. hes like -you shook my stearing wheel!- lol. but they arent even close to their full potential. right now i kinda sounds like they are having trouble breathing in the box. (if you know what i mean??)

how is the sq though in the 32? whats it like compared to sealed? i think my box might be close to 1.8 cub feet sealed. i had it wrong before. it could even be 2 or more. dunno.

and when i build a box, do u recommend facing towards back, or towards the seats?

----make sure to try and answer all these questions please, cuase im gunna build this box soon, and i want to know. lol.------

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1274
Ya the sq i decent @ 32hz the lower u tune it the better for sq and cleanness, but id recommend 32hz for sure.

What kinda car u have??

Ya its 1 big chamber i had to do it that way cuz hardly any room, but if i was u id make 2 seperate enclosures cuz the enclosure with both cvrs are fu*kin heavy.

Ya the port sounds good, make sure if u make it like mine u put alot of screwz on the back panel or else it will get loose pretty soon..........Im tired ima prob crash.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us