Need some help

Username: Michlin22

Post Number: 1
Ok...so I'm absolutely the most unknowledgable about this topic...but I need some help and the 800 number to JVC was ABSOLUTELY no help whatsoever.

I have the JVC KD-G720 with the USB port in the front of it. I want to hook up my Western Digital 80gb hard drive to it via USB cable and make it play music. I know other people have done this as I've read the threads about it. Can anyone tell me how I can make this work? Simply plugging it into the head unit doesn't do anything...not even an error message. Does this have something to do with the drive capacity? the JVC firmware?

I appreciate any help y'all could offer. Thanks so much :-)

Username: Michlin22

Post Number: 2
Any ideas??

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 89
From looking at the online manual, it looks like JVC pretty much says "what you plug into the USB port, may or may not play depending on the format of both the drive and the files it contains". Obviously that's not a direct quote, but that's the short version. I'd say most likely, the unit doesn't recognize any folders or files because they're either formatted in such a way that the deck can't read them, or they are buried in directories that the deck won't automatically navigate through. Additionally, I'm not sure what drive you're using or how you're powering it, but I've heard that some USB powered drives built for PCs don't get enough juice from the JVC unit's USB port, and obviously if you're using an externally powered drive, the JVC unit won't read it if it's not powered.

Username: Mcmorineg

Cheshire England

Post Number: 1
i bought a renualt clio from an auction with knoe log book or service manual, the battery has at some point been disconnected and i therefore can not switch on the sterio. the numbers are: 22dc258/62b rn258f10016078 fd0101170016078. please can you tell me the code.... many thanks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3100
Ron: The chances of you finding that code, let alone at this forum specifically are next to none.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us