Help me with CompVr

Username: 5anthony5

Elk River, MN USA

Post Number: 9
I noticed a flapping noise when i was listening to my sub today and i pulled the sub out that was making the different sound. One of the wires is severed and Im not exactly sure what to do.Upload
Upload
I would really like to know what happend and what it would take to fix. thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1029
SOLDER IT MAN!

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1032
u know wut soldering is right??

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1284
Be Very Very Careful soldering.

I would try a wire Crimp, Just wrap it in some felt or something like it so you don't hear it slapping. LOL

I have never crimped a tinsel wire but I always thought if mine broke I would try it.

And I would put that sub in a sealed box to reduce excursion until you get a new one.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1033
Hey Rave'n doesnt a sealed enclosure make a sub have more excursion?

Username: 5anthony5

Elk River, MN USA

Post Number: 10
Ok so i should solder the wire back to the post then? How would i do the wire crimp? Is it necessary to get a new one or can i fix it by soldering?

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1292
Soldering might fix it for good, But I would not count on it to last unless you have really good soldering skills.

I would find the smallest wire crimp you can stick both ends in and crimp it firmly with some needle nose plyers. Like I said I have never personally done it But I think it would work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us