Wiring an amp.

Username: Simplymia

Post Number: 1
How do I do the wiring and or get power to my amplifier? I have a 2004 Grand Prix GTP.
I am so lost. HELP!

Bronze Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 38
the red wire goes from your battery to the were it says +batt the blue remote wire goes were it says rem, and the ground goes to the chasis scraped paint off and to the gnd on the amp. pretty easy

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2225
run a wire from the battery, through the fire wall, under the carpet and to the amp's + input.

run a wire from a good ground point close to where you are mounting the amp, to the amp's - input.

then you need RCA's from either the back of an aftermarket HU, or if you have a stock unit, you'll need to get a Line Out Converter.

you'll also need to run a remote wire from either the back of an aftermarket unit's REM output, or from the fuse box, ACC Switched power.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 142
DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE MAIN IN LINE FUSE NEAR THE BATTERY

Username: Andymt

Post Number: 1
anybody familiar with jl amps. i have 300/4 and 1000/1 the 300/4 amp has the rca jacks but the 1000/1 amp only has the preamp output and input jacks. i needs tips on how to connect them
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1419
wuts acc switched power? is that where the REM and the RCA's can go??

can u just ground to the chasis of ur vehicle or do you have to scrape the paint off until u get bear silver metal??

Bronze Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 21
All grounds need to go to bare metal, as in silver, if you can you should use a grounding lug, most companies (Tsunami, JL Audio, Stinger) make one. Having a poor ground ensures that you will not get the most out of your amp.

The Preamp input jacks on the 1000/1 are what you want to plug into, the inputs on the 300/4 (and all amps) are preamp inputs as well, the 1000/1 just calls them as such.

If you do not know this stuff like the back of your hand you should seriously consider professional install, 60 bucks is a lot less than the cost of replacing your amp.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1420
do bolt the lug on top of the wire so it squishes it? or do u connect it to a part inside the grounding lug and then bolt it down?

Username: Andymt

Post Number: 2
i want to install 2 amps in my car jl 300/4 for speakers, 1000/1 for 2 10in kicker subs. do i need both cap and power distributor or cap alone is fine? any tips...thanks

Username: Jirvin_82

Post Number: 7
Im not sure what you mean by cap. For two amps what i have always dun is run your main power and ground cables to your big amp. then from power and ground slots in your big amp just run smaller cables to the power and ground slots in your smaller amp. thats what ive done in my car and my girlfriends car and havnt had any problems with it at all. do the same with the remote wire too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us