Amps Amps Amps

Username: Gangstafert

Post Number: 1
I have just purchased two pioneer premier Tsw3004spl 12's. I am piecing my system together one at a time and i dont have a ton of money to spend on an amp i was looking at the lanzar 286vibe 2channel 4000 watt amp but ive heard that lanzar is crap but the price was lookin mighty nice. If anyone has any suggestions for a good but reasonably priced amp i would greatly appreciate it.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7260
budget, and vc configs

Post Number: 5
vc?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 705
they 2ohm dvc or 4ohm dvc model?

Post Number: 6
4ohm

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 706
budget?

here's one that'd work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BXi2006D-Class-D-Mono-Amplifier-Amp-BXi-2006D_W0QQi temZ9733482759QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 707
also, your alt. big enough to support your system?

Post Number: 7
that says 650rms at 4ohms is that good? and about the alt im not sure i didnt even think about that. So that lanzar is no good because im looking for something a little cheaper.

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 817
lanzar "268" 2000 watt amp is great. I have mine powering my cvrs and it pumps em. Check out my vid at http://realmofexcursion.com/videos.html, scroll down to kicker on the left, go under solo baric l5 and youll see Tj cvrs or whatever. N e wayz great amp got mine for $150 with shipping. Puts out 900 rms a lil over 900 but im not exact what. I gotta say thanx again to juliob and opti for tellin me bout it. Get it and wire ur subs series together then put both parrellel to bridged. O sup ctmike.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 818
Hey tj (lol)peep out my vid and tell me what u think.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 819
Wire each of ur subs vc in series, then wire both subs together in parellel.

Post Number: 8
thats tight man, so tha amp will push my 12's im a newb at this so im not sure how to wire them parallel and that stuff if you could explain that to me.

Post Number: 9
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-LANZAR-VIBE286-4000w-2C-CAR-AUDIO-AMPLIFIER-S UB-AMP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQitemZ8069563084QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW will this amp do i havnt heard anything about it and ive been trying to find out about it.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 821
ok not sure where the guyz get those pics from but ill try to explain on here. Series both voice coils: each speaker has 2 neg.(black) and 2 pos(red) which = 2 vc. on each speaker put a small wire from 1 pos to 1 neg and then youll be left with 1 pos and 1 neg. Put the pos thats left to the pos of ur amp and the neg thats left to the neg to ur amp. Do that to both. Than at end run both pos from each speaker that were left to the pos on the amp when bridged and then the neg. Tell me if u understand or not.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 822
I was gonna get that one instead too but it doesnt put out that power. Opti said 2 different lanzar 268's were benchtested and both did a little over 900 rms i think it was like 923 or sumthin. So if i was u id get the 268 cuz i know it puts out that power as u can see in the vid it pushes my kickers very well. O welcome to ecoustics man....lol

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 823
923 watts rms bridged at 4ohm load.

Post Number: 10
thanx i thnk i understand and for the price that amp sounds good to me so that means the 12's will each have 900rms or together?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 708
you really think that amp is going to push his 2 subs, each with 750rms rating?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7261
lol, dont get a lanzar piece of trash.lol

Whats ur budget

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 825
together bridged rms.

It should for now till he gets more money, better subs, and upgrades.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
around 200 for an amp

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 709
a little more but maybe closest you could get on that budget:

http://listings.ebay.com/_W0QQsocmdZListingItemList?sofocus=pf&sbrftog=1&catref= C3&socmd=ListingItemList&from=R2&satitle=&sacat=18795%26catref%3DC6&fsop=2%26fso o%3D2&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=&a14=34544&a31300=313 55&a10244=-24&gcs=1548&pfid=1906&reqtype=2&pfmode=1&alist=a14%2Ca31300%2Ca10244% 2Ca3801&pf_query=&pf=Show+Items&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=62450&ftrt=1 &ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 826
Hey Chauncey dont be hatin cuz im brown! For $150 its a good deal. Tj if u got the money go for the amp that ctmike posted. I just listed this amp cuz i have expierinced it and for the price its awesome im just tryin to hook him up w/ sumthin cheap w/ decent power.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7264
ouch,,,,,,

quick question, why would u buy subs, u cant afford to power????Can u take them back, there not that good anyway

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 827
True True^^^^

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
couldnt i jus buy two of those lanzars? or start with one then get another when i get the money and could someone explain how to wire them parallel i almost got it lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
what are better subs then

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 711
almost everything else! what you willing to spend?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
and eventually i planned on getting a better amp when i get the money and what is wrong with these subs please tell me cause i heard some good things about them, but im up for suggestions.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 829
I hear pioneer subs are just spl and no sq. Ya u could just buy 2 268s but beware man they are huge. If u do buy 2 though u may have to upgrade on ur electrical system. 1800+rms.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 712
they'll get loud but sound like sh!t. and i've been told there really not well built and don't hold up well. so what's your budget?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
i want a the best system i can buy for 600$.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 830
parellel is when all the pos are put together and when all the neg are put together.(not all the negs and pos from ur subs though just the ones left).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
i heard with the right box they sound pretty good even though thy are spl subs.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 831
268, either 2 12" kicker cvrs, or alpine type rs or im sure these guyz can name way more.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 832
Theyll sound really good to u if ur just a hardcore spl man in the right enclosure. Ya i hear they are poorly built too.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 713
few cheap setups i found on ebay

subs $197 ($46 shipping)

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-NEW-ALPINE-SWR-1242D-12-DVC-4-Ohm-1500W-SUBWOOFERS_W0QQite mZ9731732295QQcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

amp $264 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BXi1606D-1600W-MONOBLOCK-Class-D-Amp-NEW-06_W0QQite mZ9731553894QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

-------------------------------------------

subs $194

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-KICKER-CVR12-D4-12-COMP-VR-SUBS-CVR-SUB-WOOFERS-pair_W0QQi temZ9734091736QQcategoryZ39777QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

amp $248 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/Orion-XTR-PRO-1000-BASS-AMP-XTREME-MONO-SUB-AMPLIFIER_W0QQit emZ9730944360QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
so the pioneers are that bad. I mean yeah i want something thats gonna turn heads but not that sounds horrible and from some shops here in town they say that pioneer has been their most problem free sub.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7265
get 2 rlp's

and run any good 1000-1200rms amp, u will be satisfied

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
never heard of those.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 714
http://www.soundsplinter.com/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
well looks like i have a decision to make thank you guys for all the help.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1040
here you go on how to wire them.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1380
is it better to splice the wire into 2? or just cut it in half when u are connectin the pos ^^^^

just wonderin on how u do it...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1047
It's better to run whole wires from the VCs to the other VC's, then whole wires to a small distribution block, then one wire to the amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1048
It's better to run whole wires from the VCs to the other VC's, then whole wires to a small distribution block, then one wire to the amp.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 833
Thank u Seth for posting a pic! I dont know where the hell to find em.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1392
wut do ya mean whole wires? do u mean like, if u had a 10 ft speaker wire, you cut in inhalf so you have 2 5 foots. and do it like that? because their still whole...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1057
What I mean is dont split wire, ever. Even if you electric tape it up.. It's just not the best idea. Whole wire as in.. Dont split it down the middle, run it with it's original insulation.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us