CDX-CA650X

Username: Thegr8schlotzky

Post Number: 2
so have the cdx-ca650x sony xplod cd player in my camaro but the rear speakers are putting out nothing but bass..and..too much at that. the rear speakers are 2-way pioneers but i'm not getting any use out of the tweeters because nothing but bass is being pushed through them. Is there like a subwoofer out on the back of this HU? or can i like reset teh system back to default?

I had a feeling it might be the "My Best Sound Position", but i can't do anything about that because a few buttons on the HU are busted so i mostly just use the remote to control the cd player, and i can't edit the mbs with it. the front speakers work fine with the bass and trebles, and i'm wired for subs in the trunk, wondering if maybe there is a cross-over somewhere in my car that i'm not aware of, or if it's the hu messing up my sound.

THE ULTIMATE QUESTION:
How do I reset the CDX-CA650X to factory defaults?

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 222
Pull it out and throw it in the trash, that might get it back to the factory defaults:-)

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3044
You're most likely correct in assuming it is the 'my best sound position' feature that is causing your problem, if the rear speakers are being powered from an external amplifier, there are many reasons why they could be playing only bass...

As far as sound imaging goes, I wouldn't see it as being incredibly unwanted...

To get it back to factory defaults, disconnect the power wires (red, yellow, ground) for approximately ten minutes, then hook them back up again. All memory settings should be lost. In all honesty, it might only take a few seconds to lose all the settings once the power wires have been disconnected.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us