Eclipse 15in Ti Pro versus JLw7?

Bronze Member
Username: Vc23

Post Number: 46
Final 2 choices, and the eclipse i can get for 900 and the w7 i can get for 700, so what is the better deal?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3784
JLW7 hands down. Considering the price for both.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
yeah the ti is puttin out 3000rms, 5000max,at 900 dollars, the 06 w7 is 650$, so not sure on final choice still, but thanks mo

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 314
^^Agreed

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1036
isnt the TI pro more of an SPL sub??? maybe not?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
not sure, but what would you pick out of the eclipse, w7, and the 06 12 in xxx?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7117
the ti pro, is a pure spl sub

I would go with the new xxx

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2450
id go with the Ti pro hands down...
dosent jake hill have like 4 of em in his ride?
but yea, id get the Ti pro and throw it in a big box tuned to 35Hz

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1041
i know he used to have 2 of them but i do remember him talking about picking up a few more. thats just crazy loud.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1595
SPL wise, there's no comparision man. But the Ti Pro requires a lot more power.

Username: Big3mac

Post Number: 3
Where can you get the TI Pro for 900?

Username: Remotia

Post Number: 1
The W7 is hardly an SQ driver in my book. People claim its all about "quality," but what it does is attempts to have quality and output, but really fails in both to some degree. The 13W7 is a dual layer 3.5" VC. JL attempts to get quality of our the W7's but using less coil winding, lowering the inductance of the voice coil and trying to make up for it with a larger magnet. They do gain some quality aspects, but this method makes for a rather inefficient driver that has very low Bl (force) for the size of the vc and motor. They also can't handle that much power as a result of the low coil winding. The W7's also then compromise all their quality with a large foam surround and plastic cone. They should have used a smaller rubber surround, and a lighter, more durable cone. They also use a very tall former which adds mass. Aspects not found in SQL drivers. Oh well, I would never buy one.

The Eclipse Ti pro is an 8 layer 4" vc with a much larger motor. The Ti has a purpose and unlike the W7's it doest beat around the bush. The 18" Ti's are over 70 pounds. The Ti pro has multiple times the force and power of the W7. It would take two 13W7's if not more to match a single 18" Ti Pro in output. The 12W7 is an even smaller motor, with only a 3" Vc. That driver is more comparable to the Eclipse non Pro Ti, or even better, the Eclipse aluminum SW8200. The linear 8200's will embarrass the 12W7 for sound quality and THD (or lack there of) and nearly match the output.

You truly need measurement equipment to differentiate between the THD of the Ti and the W7 because the differences are not audible. I have actually seen the Titanium's measure up against the W7's for THD and they only lost by a fraction of a %, and of course, they walk away from the W7's in output. The Ti's Pro's are bigger, and inertly better drivers. They are also more expensive, so if you can get it for less than a W7, I don't even know why you asking here. This is truly a no brainier.

Post Number: 2
btw, the 06 xxx is a great driver, but not the same leage as the Ti Pro. Its more inline with the Eclipse non-pro.

Bronze Member
Username: Licid

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 36
"The W7's also then compromise all their quality with a large foam surround and plastic cone. They should have used a smaller rubber surround, and a lighter, more durable cone. They also use a very tall former which adds mass. Aspects not found in SQL drivers. Oh well, I would never buy one."
No offense ASDF but that is your opinion. And I dont think you can compare a 13w7 to an 18TI Pro.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 728
i would get 2 regular 15" titaniums. a fully powered 15 ti would have more output and comparable sq to a 12 W7. i have one hooked up to a rf X7 in a ported box tuned to 35 Hz and after listening to it at full volume for about 1 min my ears are ringing. eclipse-web.com says that they are 750wrms but they are actually 1500wrms because for some reason eclipse rated them per vc. most people that have heard them dont know what they can really do because they are only giving them half power. you can get them new for about $350 i think the site is www.electronicgiant.com.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1015
No offense to ASDF... but...

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 263
he's just mad because he could never afford a W7 so he had to find a way to make him self feel better so he made up a reason to hate it

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7155
TI pro's are overpriced SPL subs, thats it....

Username: Brycew7

B.C., B.C.

Post Number: 8
buddy's nut huggin' the 18 Ti pro eh. comon' man trying to convince ppl that the W7 isn't a SQL driver, pleeease.

Post Number: 3
Sorry guys, I guess I did come off sounding condescending about the W7's. I didn't mean to imply it was a horrid driver, but the Pro's are really in a another league, and the size of the motor , VC and ESRP of $2000 dollars really should allude to such a conclusion, and I was merely pointing that out. I realize many people own W7's and they are awesome drivers. If they weren't we really would not use them in the benchmarking against our subwoofers.

SW9152, glad you like your Ti's, and yes they can take about 1000watts RMS without any problems, more in a sealed box.

Shaine: I may not be able to afford W7's but at least I can spell "AUDIOBAUN" and "TWEEDERS" and "AMPLIFYER" and "STERIO" and "Pheonix" in my profile if I wanted to. I mean, how do you misspell your own state?

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 731
i called eclipse/fugitsu ten and the tech guy told me 750wrms per vc, 1500wrms total.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1601
Ok ok ok. There really isn't a comparison. End of story. The Ti Pro's are specifically for SPL, the W7 is for whatever it's designed for. SPL wise, with considerable amounts of power the Ti Pro will own. There's no reason to argue this point.

The only problem with the Ti Pro is the large amounts of power it requires. End of discussion.

Post Number: 5
Jake, keep in mind, the Ti pro is vastly more efficient than the W7 too, so they don't actually require as much power to sound as loud.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3524

quote:

Shaine: I may not be able to afford W7's but at least I can spell "AUDIOBAUN" and "TWEEDERS" and "AMPLIFYER" and "STERIO" and "Pheonix" in my profile if I wanted to. I mean, how do you misspell your own state?

I believe its time to edit your profile after that ownage.:-) lol

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 732
Why is everyone comparing a 1000 rms sub to a 3000 rms sub?

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 179
ASDF, welcome to the forum!
We really need a guy like you.
I have been barking at JL the whole time, but a lot of guys don't get it.

I know one thing - I have heard different JL W's (powered with different amps) and they all have sucked, well maybe I expect too much:-)
Yeah and that foam surround is the very first sign that the sub is crap, no harm intended.
And the BS in that review - "W6V2 - the best SQ sub I have ever heard", come on, who is gonna buy that?

Well anyway, ASDF looks at it from a technical point so guys hold on tight:-) Especially all those that don't hear the difference between a 2ch bridged powering the sub or a mono block powering the same sub.
Maybe after a few years of doing SPL people can't tell a difference between noise and sound:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Licid

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 42
Thats great that you don't like JL, but just because you think JL sucks, does not mean that they do. That is your OPINON. Opinons are like a55holes, everyone has one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7974
after taking the time 2 read this whole looooong thread

Lewass said it best :

"Why is everyone comparing a 1000 rms sub to a 3000 rms sub?".....

Silver Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 181
I am not comparing, I am just saying that JL sucks:-)

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3810
Maris, you are a hater. JL just makes a hec of a product and people hate on that because they are so consistant that they get everyone to buy there stuff. Its not there fault they make great subwoofers and amps.

Silver Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 184
MO,
The reason people buy JL is - they have a very good marketing program:-) It has nothing to do with what they sound like.
Don't forget - Audiobahn also get everyone to buy their stuff, so does Ford:-)

I would buy JL's stock but not their comps or subs. Amps not not too bad.

So people hate it because everyone buys it??? Everything OK?

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 323
IMO JL makes NICE SH.IT just about 300 dollers overpriced. sept for the W3's ive never heard anyhting that pathetic.

Silver Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 187
I don't think at all that there is a big SQ difference between W3 and W6, it's the same junk. And by the way, it's not like I don't like JL simply for fun. I have owned W3's and one W6V2, and I can tell you - it's junk, I even powered them with different stuff like - PG, Art, Zapco, nothing helped. I always run my subs sealed, but even then JL is sloppy:-)

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7167
^^^No offense, but i dont believe a word of what u say, I bet where ur from JL cost like 10 times what it cost here, And u just hate because of the price..

What do think is better then the w6v2 sq wise, im gonna need a real good answer, i have heard lots, and lots, of diffrent subs and setups..So lets hear it...

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 325
I LIKE THE INFINITY 12" waY MORE THAN the JL w3 and IT WAS a quarter of THE PRICE...

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3813
Maris, you have lost your mind if you think the w6v2's are sloppy. Either you cant hear very good or you have no clue of how to tune your amp and setup it up.

To this day, i have not heard a subwoofer sound as good as the w6v2's.

That is exactly why im going back to 2 10w6v2's. I have experience with many subwoofers and i can tell you that the w6v2 and the w7 are some of the best subs period.

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2249
i was talkin to a guy on carstereos.com and he said he just bought a diamond d9 and it has as good of sound quality as w6 with double the output

Silver Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 193
And DLS MW, IDQ, CDT, DD (and many others) are all better than your W6V2 (some of them are cheaper as well)
Maybe you should hear these:-)

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 734
JL makes quality subs, anyone who doesn't agree hasn't heard them set up properly.

"W6V2 - the best SQ sub I have ever heard", come on, who is gonna buy that?"

Everyone, it's common knowledge that they are one of, if not the hands down best sounding subwoofers. I have personally heard them in a few different setups, and they are f'n fantastic. Even on a soundboard at mickey shorr the 12w6v2 still sounded like gold. If I had the money I'd be rockin' like 3 or 4 13W6V2's FTW.

So Maris, that is kind of like saying "I hate Ferrari's". No, you don't. Can you get something faster than a Ferrari for less money? Of course. But it won't have any of the qualities that make a Ferrari what it is. So don't hate on JL's simply because they are expensive.

In a Charlie Murphy voice - "Aiight?!"

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3037
you guys can stick to yoru argument. i just have 2 things to say. 1- JL is the best mainstream brand in existance. 2- when did phoenix become a state?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1016
Trevor I agree... I thought that funny how he was trying to make fun of someone's profile, talking about spelling... Then ended up letting his true colors shine through a little bit, and made the reference to Phoenix being a state.

Silver Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 198
Dear Chauncey Brown,

FYI, I lived in Ohio for almost 6 years, that's were I worked with JL subs.
FYI, JL does not cost here 10 more than in the US.
FYI, There is this thing called Postal Services:-) + there is this other thing called internet + Visa Card + woofersetc = much lower prices:-)
FYI, If I can afford to pay 6.45 Euro ($8.25) for a pack of smokes, a few thousand Euro for a sound syst. is not gonna be a problem:-) BTW, subs would be the cheapest component in a good SQ system EVEN in they were JL:-)

Post Number: 7
good job seth for repeating the joke.

/end sarcasm

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1531
haha lol

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1053
this thread sucks. the end.

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 356
MARIS
Especially all those that don't hear the difference between a 2ch bridged powering the sub or a mono block powering the same sub.
Maybe after a few years of doing SPL people can't tell a difference between noise and sound

HEY MARIS NOT TO SOUND DUMB...BUT WHAT WOULD BE THE DIFFRENCE?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1029
Is he saying that a mono is better? Cause if anything, a bridged amp (assuming the thd, and df etc were the same..) would be better, if the difference were audible.. (which on subs.. if you're a human.. It's not going to be.)

Silver Member
Username: Udai

Post Number: 140
Who said that JL makes the best products? Its hard to tell who makes the best, with different ears come different opinions. To call jl crap..is stupid. The w6 sounds great imo, as does the w7.. they are well worth the price. If you dont like equipment, dont buy it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us