Need some rear seat LCD advise

Username: Brownnugen

Post Number: 7
I am looking to buy an LCD monitor for backseat passengers and was thinking about getting one of those headrest mounts that will allow me to mount it between the 2 seats so both rear passengers can view it. My head unit already plays DVDs, so I was thinking about the 7" range...... I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone can help me with:
1) Will 7" be adequate for my kids to watch a movie?
2) I am trying not to spend a whole lot on this (wife will kill me). Are there any good places to buy whose product isn't junk? I've seen brands like "boss" or similar. I've also heard that some of these off-brands are actually made by the well known brands, just with different labels. I guess that would be ideal. Where are the deals?
3) How important is having the IR headphone option? Is that only available on the "better" brands? I've seen the headphones for like $40/each, is it worth it?
4) was thinking if I used this mount http://cgi.ebay.com/CLARION-PQ...wItem then the monitor would be right in the middle so the kiddos wouldn't be fighting over the tv

I guess I was thinking about something like these, but not sure if the quality sucks or not.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5175.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3962.html

Lots of questions and I'm new to this so thanks for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 310
Know this is just me.........I have a legcay 6inch monitor in the front of my car and it seems good to me....materfact i looked at some of those real expinsive 1300$ screens dont look that 1300$ beter thatn my 80$ screen (granted they do look beter..but its not worth it to me)

get them screens from walmart 2 7's like 200 dollars some might disagree but i think they aight

Bronze Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 76
I HAVE A 7" TFT LCD PANASONIC PANEL INDASH MONITER FLIPOUT IN THE FRONT - $194

AND A 10.4" TFT LCD FLIP DOWN MONITER ($197)
* IT'S RIGHT BEHIND MY DOME LIGHT *

AND I HAVE A NISSAN SENTRA... YEAH 10.4" SCREEN, PRETTY BIG HUH...

THE ONLY REASON(S) I GOT IT WAS TO SHOW OFF MY INSTALLATION SKILLS, AND FOR WHEN ME AND MY FAMILY GO ON TRIPS AND KEEP MY LIL' SISTERS OCCUPIED!

I GOT THEM FROM EBAY .. AND THEY HAVE EXCELLENT DISPLAY!

SOME PEOPLE MIGHT CALL THE " JAPANESE KNOCK-OFFS " .. BUT IT WAS TESTED THAT THE SO CALLED " JAPANESE KNOCK-OFFS " KNOCKED-OFF JENSEN, BOSS, AND XO VISION OUT THE TOP 3 INEXPENSIVE MONITER SCREEN DISPLAY ... SOO I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU LOOK ON EBAY!

JUST GO TO THE EBAY HOME PAGE AND TYPE IN:

(WHATEVER NUMBER INCH YOU WANT)" TFT LCD MONITER

YOU CAN PUT " FLIP DOWNS" BEFORE "MONITERS" IF YOU WANT TO ALSO!

Username: Nyyarethegreatest

Post Number: 2
i need help installing my headrest monitors i have 2 7 inch monitors that i need to install in a 2001 impala how do i get them to stay in the headrest i cut the holes out but there is no metal bracket inside to bolt them to what do i do how do i keep them from falling out

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2468
take a small piece of 1/8 inch wood and put in there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us