Amp wiring

Bronze Member
Username: Jleet68

Post Number: 12
Hey,
Im new into car audio. I have a 1 0hm stable amp and was wondering what ohm subs to get. Since the amp has 2 sets of speaker outputs would i wire each sub to each output at 1 ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 602
4ohm dvc

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
The amp says that it puts out 2000 watts at 1 ohm, so is that for each speaker output or is that together, so 1,000 a piece?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 605
each woofer will see 1000w if ran at 1ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
ok, sorry..im still confused, so am i hooking up each speaker to each output on the amp...or?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 606
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=DVC4x2

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
That shows the subs wired to one output, right? so which output do i wire it to?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 607
just checked the link and for some reason it goes to 2 2ohm dvc, just scroll down to bottom where it says 2 subs, dual 4ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
ok, i got that. but if i wire them seperate so each sub goes to one of the outputs on the amp, then what do i need? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6523.html#

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 608
you mean as in wiring kit?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
No, the amp i have is a mono amp, but has 2 speaker outputs, so could i wire one sub to each output. You know what i mean?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2087
mono means just that 1. the 2 speaker outputs just makes it easier to wire and the amp will auto bridge the 2 outputs....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us