Online purchasing vs. local dealer (everyone should have an opinion on this one)

Bronze Member
Username: 69_ohm_stable

Post Number: 25
guys I am in a bit of a pickle. I have been researching my system now for about 6 months, and I have gotten ALOT of input from local dealers along the way. I have become intersted in some of the products that they recommended but the prices are astronomical compared to what I can pay for the same products on woofersetc. For example, I am looking at Diamond audio D3 15's. Locally I can get both of them for about $500.00... Online I can get them for $109.00-$138.00 each. The components and coaxials are each also about $100.00-$200.00 cheaper online. The remainder of that money that I would be spending locally could be going to the cost of my box and install. Even though, I feel bad for getting so much advice along the way. I can only afford what I want by purchasing everything online, buying a box locally, and getting it installed locally. What is your take on this situation, and how do you feel about cutting out the local guy and buying online?

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 485
u shouldnt feel bad cutting a local guy off...is he payin for it????? f*u*c*k he aint u are..dont ever let dealers make u buy sumthing u dont want to....they just want to sell a product not make u happy...(most of the time)

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2439
go ahead and buy online man.

Silver Member
Username: Seth_walker

U.S.A.

Post Number: 133
^^^exactly. that's why it's great when i find a company that values their customers better than the almighty dollar.

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1100
If you buy on ebay for no reason buy from Indoaudio I have heard only bad things about them.

But online is way cheaper it just might take a few weeks.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1145
Ya Indo sucks. Never feel bad about buying on-line! A slow shop will jack the prices up just to feed there overhead. If shops would do themselves a favor and use on-line sales with decent prices that would help them out considerably and it would be great to buy on-line then pick it up locally! I'm sure that is just a dream of course... Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 561
Onlines tha sh!t cuz online i think the type r was like $115 and at best buy they are $220!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us