Boston acoustics

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1847
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1078

what do you guys think of these runnin with a jl 300/2 please i would love some nice input the cons of it and the the pros of it

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2100
not a bad set, but they really lack midbass, like most Boston Models. i've also heard people complaining about thoes tweeters being harsh, but i think they are soft domes so thats kinda odd.

you should look into the older Pro models imo.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1848
brandon question about your rainbows how do they sound do they keep up nicely with your ssi

and also were can i find some older pro models or is there something else you would recommend im still thinking about the rainbows butt here just a little more pricy and ill have to save up a while for them

Bronze Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 64
Looks like those have a metal tweet. I think they would sound very similar to MBQ PCE 216, that's available on the same website and cost a little less. The Bostons looks a little too "cool" too shiny for me:-)

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2121
Charlie. the Rainbow and SSI blend nicely. i got a Spectrum Analyzer program on my lap top, a decient microphone and set it all up in the car the other day to adjust the 16 band EQ's and the TA. got the frequency responce as flat as i could get it and it sounds even better. i can play a 20-20K Hz sweep and it'll play every frequency nicely.

the gains on the 750.2 thats powering the SSI isn't turned up at all, barley 1/4 of the way. everything sbalanced nicely, nothng over powers anyting else. that SSI can get very loud! this is my favorite setup so far. sound stage is actually pretty high finally. sounds like the speakers are up on my dash. none of the other speakers i've had in there compare to these in that aspect.

only complaint is that i gotta take the door panels off and brace them better, lol, midbass rattles them and annoys me.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5989
The newer Pro components are an improvement over their predecessors. They're still bright to some, though. Midbass output is better and the midrange is a tad warmer sounding, but the tweeter can still be pretty hot at high volumes.

Really you can't generalize metal and silk dome tweets, though. There are quite a few harsh silk domes out there as well as really smooth metal tweets. Tweeter performance is really determined more by the motor than anything, in which pretty much any compact car audio neo tweeter is going to suck compared to a larger format tweeter.

Best compact tweets I've heard are the Rainbow Platinums (Cal 28). Still doesn't quite touch a large format tweeter, but as far as compact tweets go they easily trounce anything I've heard. Just sucks that they only come as part of a component system that costs upwards of $3000 after the price increase.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1859
so jonathan do you think they would be worthy of putting with a dd 9512 or should i spend some more money and get something else

and brandon thats awesome nice job on it

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1906
bump

Username: Sqlover

Post Number: 6
Man Brandon ...i would love to see your setup. do you have pictures of em? Where can you find Rainbows in States anymore?

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2158
Love SQ - https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/220116.html

i sent you a PM about the Rainbows.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us