Amp Placement Suggestions

Silver Member
Username: Zepcoe

TN Us

Post Number: 300
I got a 2500d orion amp and (2) ssi 12's in a fat box like the size of my trunk and i have a 99 explorer and when i say the size of my trunk i mean its fitted to my trunk so i was wondering where the hell am i going to put this 2500d amp any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2181
top of the box

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1049
I would put it on a amprack under the rear seat on the floor.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 685
do you need rear seats?

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 686
i have an explorer too and i mounted my amp the the back of the rear seats, im not sure what you could do especially with an amp that big. maybe something like cut out some wood to fit the opening of the back windows, idk that tough, i think you need a smaller box.

OT- you remember that taco bell dog that, i forgot why, but he said "i think i need a bigger box(in a chiuaua mexican accent)" that dog was hilarious. lmao

Bronze Member
Username: Timothy_314

Post Number: 44
is that a good amp b/c its LOT OF MONEY!

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 159
its a VERY GOOD amp LOL

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3389
you could take a piece of 3/4" or 1" MDF...and carpet it.....then mount the amp on top of it and then just screw it down ontop of your box...that would look clean:-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3390
plus it would provide some extra dampening to the vibrations of the box....cuz you would have your amp mounted on over 1.5" of MDF.:-)

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2383
heres an extension to muddy's idea...
seperating the box and the piece of MDF...put rubber grommets there...then there would be no vibes at all to the amp...
they are dirt cheap...like pocket change...can be bought from depot stors and hardwasre stores

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1116
Gromets wouldn't help because soudwaves carry over a great distance and being right on top of the box with gromets may induce even more problems. One of my other hobbies is flying R/C helis, and yes it is more expensive then this one, lol. One thing you learn is about vibration/balance and how each can destroy electronics pretty quick. I do a pretty good background in electronics which is ANOTHER hobby of mine, when you are married you have a lot of hobbies! Anyhoo, with the amount of vibration you are subjecting the amplifier too I would recommend mounting it away from the sub, maybe under the seat like somone had mentioned previously, if this is not an option then there is one other thing you can try. As Muddy said, adding another piece of MDF helps with dampening, IT DOES and it will help a lot. I like to take it one further by actuall adding a little dynamat to each side, then carpet and screw it rigidly to the TOP not the back or sides of the box. Just remember, all it takes is one bad solder joint and the magic white smoke will pour out!! :-O

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2386
didnt know that polo...
ahh well...its something new i learned

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 180
on my amp thats mounted on my box i put like 3 inches of cloth... would that help?

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 717
this is my ol ol set up that when i was a newb some shop installed for me

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 118
a newbie setup? thats an awesome setup u just should of had those type R's in a ported box tuned to 38 Hz man would those of pounded! Type R is a boomer sub so they were designed for ported boxes! and how big is that rockfered amp?1600watts rms?

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 721
dude now i have 18 inch sx with 1500 rms to it with a box 9.5cbft at 35hz in that explorer hittin 145 daily set up

oh the amps are two small ones that do like 250 but each one is makin around 300 and the one in the middle is a multi channel producion 25x4 but it does like 40x4
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us