Poly fill in a ported box???

Bronze Member
Username: Kickerandy

Vesta, MN America

Post Number: 55
i just made a really nice box for my CVR that i just ordered, and i was wondering if i should put poly fill in there, if i do , how do you do it, cause wouldn't it blow it all out??or what, ive heard about it before, but im not sure.

Bronze Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 77
Use chicken wire or something simular to cover the port on the inside. I don't really have experience with it myself but I do know that.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2113
you can use a wire mesh to hold it in. i don't know exactly how that will change the tuned frequency of the box, but i know it will. poly gives the sub the impression of a 10% larger box. that can throw specs off unless the box is too small to begin with.

Bronze Member
Username: Kickerandy

Vesta, MN America

Post Number: 56
so do you think i should put polyfill in it or just leave it???

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 125
I would say if it is built to specs, just leave it. Like Brandon said, putting poly in it will make it "seem" bigger and if it is built to specs, it doesn't need to "be" bigger.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5551
Polly fill is for sealed boxes.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7822
thats what i read too ^^^ !

i read it has no real benefits in a ported box (build ur ported box to specs in the 1st place) & yep lil pieces will get blown out so putting mess over ur port will also afect how it sounds & eventually it may get clogged like how a A/C filter does .....

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2810
Polyfill deals with Thermal Dynamics... (physics) lol
NO standing waves inside of a ported box... they fly out the port very fast... Sealed box, u have standing waves..
the polyfill disapates heat, so the subs play like they are in a bigger box.. with less heat..

NO good for ported boxes, how many times is this gonna be asked??

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 729
I have heard that it is no good for ported boxes and never use it in mine. But I do see poly fill in some factory home audio speakers that are ported. Like a pair of marantz towers. The box was lined with poly fil, to get rid of standing waves. But there aren't standing waves in a ported box so what gives?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2812
Kicker too has a ported box with polyfill..
I think they need to go back to the drawing board, or it can be another sales pitch...

HEY Nick, when u gonna listen to my car man????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us