Kicker zx 1500.1 ?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 457
just wondering if anyone has this amp or knows someone that does. i've been wanting 2 nine.1's for the 2 arsenals i had ordered but there backordered, and a local dealer told me the kicker is 1ohm stable. i've read the kicker site and it just says 1500w@2ohm, but the dealer said the 1500.1 is the only kicker amp this year that's 1ohm stable. i don't buy it, i thought all there newer amps only go down to 2ohm, but is he right? cause he offered me one brand new in box for $550 and i'm kinda tired of waiting for the nine.1's to come in.
so if anyone knows just let me know, i think i'm right but if i'm wrong someone let me know. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1725
idk, everywhere i've read all the new zx amps are only 2ohm stable, i would call kicker and ask, maybe its a limited edition amp.LOL

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 468
just got off the phone with kicker and they verified their zx series was only stable down to 2ohms like i thought.

so just a heads up to anyone thats been told the same i was by a kicker dealer, they no longer make amps stable at 1ohm but the tech person at kicker said alot of amps have been returned to them for repair due to the first shipment of zx amps that were sent out were sent out with manuels saying their stable at 1ohm which they aren't. so know matter what a dealer says about it don't listen to them.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 479
I wonder why they dropped the 1 ohm stable mono amps? Doesn't make sense to me. That eliminates possible buyers who have subs with VC configs. that need a mono amp stable at 1 ohm. That's weird.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us