What is the ultimate SQ 15?

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 715
I have 1000 watts at 1 ohm, or 950 at 2 ohms at my disposal.

What is the ultimate 15" subwoofer for around $500? It needs to have flawless SQ, but be able to put out close to 15" L7 levels of bass. Is there such a subwoofer?

I need something that can handle demanding basslines and sound great while doing it. I will have a high output alt and some extremely punchy midbass drivers to go with it, so it doesn't need to play very high, but I need to it slam hard down to the lowest frequencies..

Sealed box is preferred but I will go ported if needed to achieve the proper output level.

This question is mainly aimed at those who have personally heard many 15's and have an educated opinion.

PS. Quality of materials (especially magnet) is important.

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3219
Ascendant Audio Havoc.
Stereo Integrity Mag.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3220
i have heard a 15" DLS Iridium sub.....actually 2 of them......dang they were loud.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 738
Stereo Integrity Mag 15

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 588
2 CVR 15, they will get loud, better SQ if you want to stick with kicker lewass

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 717
No I don't personally like Kicker, because I want SQ, and they are definitely SPL. I just want a 15" that is all SQ but gets close to as loud as a 15 L7.

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 719
Alter, that is my top contender right now, can you tell me a little about it and why it is your hands down favorite?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6872
Crystal Comp X
RL-s
Eclipse TI

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 634
1. jl audio w6(cant get too loud)
2.sound splinter supreme series
3. xtant x series
4.ascendant audio havoc
5.w7
6.stereo integrity mag
7 re audio xxx (cant cuz they are fr@kin expensive

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 999
i would do 1 or 2 SSi 15s personally.

chauncey also listed some nice ones.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6874
jake 2 more 2 gold

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1002
haha yeah ill save it until tomorrow.

thats crazy we both registered at the same time and you have 7 times more posts than me haha. nice work.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6877
i no i am a post ho, but i like to share the knowledge

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 739
Mag is a crazy sub. SQ is very nice and if done right can blend in very well with the rest of your stage. Very tight when it needs to be but gets alot of output. Has good output down to 28hz and good control down to there too. Nick has done a good job keeping the same characteristics from the 12 to the 15. Output wise its very hard to beat and SQ wise only the W6 do i like better but the w6 has little output compared to the Mag.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3925
i am with jake on this one. i think the ssi 15 will be an awesome sq sub with alot of output.

chauncey has been slacking lately. i am slowly catching up. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3669
If you want an ultimate SQ 15" subwoofer.

Look no further then :

Image Dynamics IDQ 15

JL 15w3v2

Both will give you excellant SQ sealed.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 332
a mk 1 or mk 2 adire audio brahma
an older re xxx
eclipse ti
image dynamics idq 15

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1783
digital designs 9100 but a little to pricy for u lol

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 646
i was one time in the school parking lot then a dude came wit a single 12 inch xtant x series and i have a friend that he thinks is the sq master cuz he have cdt woofers the best cdt can offer so he told that his xtant was crap and then he told us to get in his car and damnnnn sq was impresive as the w6 but much more spl it was in a sealed i love those subs the thing they are like 400 for the 15 and i dont know how to get them the only place is cardomain but they have the crappy xtant not the x series the idq have good sq i never heard the eclipse ti

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 720
So with the new bs price gouging, how much will I be able to find a Treo SSI 15 for?

Also, Alter, when you say you prefer only the SQ of the w6 over it, you mean the 15w6v1? or __w6v2?

I have 3 10w6v1's right now (the spl remakes) they sound awesomely precise and crisp, but I am looking for something that can whoop their a.sses in output, and still sound just as good.

I'll be checking out the SI Mag, Crystal Comp X, SSi, and charlie, how much is the 9100 series? I know DD is mainly SPL, can you get good SQ from them?

I listen to every kind of music out there, so it's gotta be able to handle it all.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 745
I only tried the 12in version and it was really good on SQ but the output was really lacking. The Mag is very close to the SQ of the W6 and if it was the 12Mag I'd say right there with it maybe even better SQ but with the 15 the W6 is slightly better but the Mag destroys it in output. Where is Trevor I thought he was putting in his Mags.

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 257
i would go with xtant

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2827
im right here. ive got alot of money to dish out first. bout to drop about 1500 on a new HU. ive been buying oawg wire which isnt cheap. just bought a kinetik monster... so yeah after i get all new equipment i will get those mags installed. but at 70$ a week i doesnt happen too fast... i'll be making more money over the summer though. :-)

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 649
xtant have a woofer that is the x series and have another but f@kin dificult to find and those two dude i think they will kill the w6 in sq and spl by a mile

http://www.xtant.com/html/products/XSubwoofers.cfm

http://www.xtant.com/html/products/X2Subwoofers.cfm

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 746
hmmm.....i've seen one car with that xtant sub in it in MN and I wasn't too impressed. Design looks too familiar with Sony P5.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 584
i have not heard the xtant but from lookng at the specs it doesnt look like it would get real loud especially not as loud as an L7.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 650
yea thats the thing tat pissme off yeah te xtan do not get as loud as an l7 cuz they are for sq only and has pretty good spl too i htink it can keep up wit a l7

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 651
oh my bad the thing that pissme off is the p5 design

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1793
the 9100 is 1200 i believe well its close to 1000 i know that and the 9100 is dd's pure sq driver but im sure it can get very loud also the 9500 has very good sq also just got mine hooked up

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 363
if i was lewass wich im not i would be just as lost as i was before i came and made this thread because there are somany different subs mentioned from all you i still wouldent be able to make up my mind

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 364
if i was lewass wich im not i would be just as lost as i was before i came and made this thread because there are somany different subs mentioned from all you i still wouldent be able to make up my mind

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2051
i have the Treo SSI 15, sealed, and it sounds nice. Blends nicely with my Profi Vanadium 3-ways. prob as loud as my old 13W7 setup with 250 less watts too. kinda supprised.

for SQ, look ad the W6's, ID's and Treo SSI.

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 721
Brandon, thats funny you have those Rainbows, because that is the exact system I am considering. Either the SI Mag 15 or SSI 15, with those Rainbow Profi 3 ways...

I wish I could just give ur system a listen, damn. How is the midbass on those 3 ways? I like my system to be somewhat bass heavy compared to the mids and highs, how low can those rainbows go?

Also, I know there has got to be another good contender out there for the ultimate 15. Anyone else have a suggestion or add another vote to one of the ones already said?

Thanks

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 722
Oh and also, how much overpowering can the Mag and SSI take? Lets say I want more output after a while, and I make a ported box, then I get sick of that, and want a more powerful amp, how much juice will I be able to Safely send?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3673
Arsenal 15 by Ascendant Audio sealed at 2.0-2.2 cuft

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 236
lewass,
im sure u can over power the ssi by a ile because i am overpowering my 12 tsx by three times and it handles it well so i can only imagine how much the ssi can take

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2064
Lewlass - the midbass on thoes Rainbow Profi Vanadiums is amazing. haven't pushed them to see how low they will go. i have them crossed over at 100Hz high pass at 12dB per octave. Treo SSI 15 is crossed over at 80 Hz low pass at 18dB per octave. blends nicely.

i'm hardly pushing that sub either and its loud as hell. they are rated at 750rms but can take 1000-1200, maybe 1500 but that'd prob be pushing it. can't say for sure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us