Upgrade

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 778
Okay, i asked about a couple subs the other day, but that is not the question i should have asked. This question is mostly for people who have heard alot of subs. What would be a really good upgrade from my 2 12" eclipse sw6 subs? If you havent heard them, the sw6's are very close to a kicker cvr 12"(i heard them side by side) and a boston acoustics g2 12".i had them in a sealed box,1.8cft a peice, and all thier rms below 90Hz. I would probobly want 1 sub, 15" or 18". A good sql sub, a good amount louder than both eclipses. I liked the idea of having a AA alliance.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 561
what is your budget?

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 780
$300 at the most for the sub. i got to save some for the amp. I would like to stay around $250

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 562
i think you would be better off getting a 15" arsenal instead of the alliance because the alliance is made for home theater.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 563
oh and for an amp the audiobahn a8000t would match up with the arsenal for a low price.

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 781
lol Im using this for my home theatre.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2305
ppl have used the arsenal as a home theater sub with good results...also with the assasin

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 782
well, would it do better than my eclipse subs? Has anyone heard the arsenal?

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 783
BuMp

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 565
not much of a home theater guy, how would you power a arsenal in your house. do they make house amps that big?

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 784
yeah i can get a 2400 watt berhinger amp. But i might get a better quality amp and go with crown.http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=248-745

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 786
yeah i can get a 2400 watt berhinger amp. But i might get a better quality amp and go with crown.http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=248-745

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 787
well that was the 1400 watt model, they broke the watts-per-dollar record on one of their amps. I have one of their crossovers and i used it with my dads peavey. It worked real good.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 567
what is a budget house amp with a decent amount of watts. i can find a sub to match later.

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 789
Well, probobly a behringer, which puts out rms@4ohms. I will get the 1400 watt($250) or the 2400watt($300), depending on the sub.Thats the cheapest PA amp you can get. Unless its used.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 569
is there a cheap house amp that will put out 1000-1500wrms @ 2 ohms.

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 792
Sooo.......... Would a arsenal do me good? Or would a alliance do better? The resonant frequency on the alliance is 14, which is crazy low, but owuld it do good on frequencies from 40Hz to 60Hz? because i would like to listen to music on it too.

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 793
House amps cant go to 2ohms. If oyu have dual voice coil oyu can do 8 ohms and get a 2400watt berhinger. It does 1500 watts at 8ohms. But i have never seen a pa amp that can bridge at 2 ohms. What sub are you wanting to power?

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 795
BuMP

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 575
i want to power the 15" eclipse titanium that i all ready have if that is possible. it is 1500wrms and dual 4 vc.

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 796
Yeah you could put 1500 watts @ 8 ohms with this.http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=248-747 Does anyone have any suggestions about the alliance/arsenal?

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 579
you might have better luck in the home theater section...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us