Head unit installation ques.

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 449
So i'm gonna be installing my new HU tommorrow. I think my car has a factory amp somewhere....how do i bypass that??? DO i need to????

Silver Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 114
what kind of car is it?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2951
There should be a wiring harness you can buy that will allow you to bypass the amp. I would highly suggest it, the sound will be better and it's very possible the volume will be too loud if you don't bypass it as the gain on the factory amp cannot be adjusted (and will already be set to a high sensitivity since factory head units put out relatively low power).

Silver Member

Post Number: 450
1998 toyota camry 3.0l v6 stock tape deck/radio LE trim....where do i find this harnness??? Do i have to have this cause i really wanted to install it tommorrow when i got it....

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1982
some you need to bypass and some you need to just turn on the amp, like my 03 maxima....

Silver Member

Post Number: 451
I'll ask them at the local audio shop...except they won't have what i need in stock becasue they are retarded and have to order everything...maybe i'll get lucky

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 68
Best bet would be to Google up a couple of Camry forums and look and ask around. I had to bypass the amp in my '04 Grand Am and it was WAY more of a pain than I had expected. I used the Grand AM Owners Club as a major resource and it was very helpful. Not to scare you though, sometimes it's as easy as the amp bypass harness that was mentioned earlier, that just wasn't the case for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us