Best subs *budget

Bronze Member
Username: Kingjames

OH USA

Post Number: 85
hey im thinking of getting 2 12 inch type r's i can get them for $115 each these the best for around the money, looking for sql subs each should be like under 200 nothing above because the bigger the subs the more money i have to spend on an amp and i need some leftover money for some rims

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Phx, Arizona

Post Number: 1372
i wouldn't recomentd R's maybe some AA arsonalsd they are cheap and i hear nothing but good about them

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

Post Number: 159
or AA assassins 90 each shipped take 350rms probly could push them more iv got 1 12 and its awesome great sq and still has enough spl

Gold Member

Phx, Arizona

Post Number: 1373
LOL ^^^^ THATS WHAT I MENT TO SAY ASSASSINS NOT ARSONALS LOL!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 86
well im looking for mostly spl but still sounds decent

Gold Member

Phx, Arizona

Post Number: 1375
why would you want SPL subs for only 200? unless your going into comptitions? but i think like cvr or something idk how much those are

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1297
" wouldn't recomentd R's"

Care to elaborate? Sure everyone has them, but you can't get much better than that for the money

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 87
so the r's would be the best bet?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1299
well, I can't speak on the aa's because I personally never heard them. I own a R and so does rovin, and we are happy with them

Gold Member

Phx, Arizona

Post Number: 1376
i'll elaborate, R's are not good at all, AA's are most likely WAY better than R's, don't get me wrong they are a great budget sub, like this, but AA's would most likely be the best, i've heard R's and they just sound like a bunch of wracket, nothing more

Bronze Member
Username: Mateo

Post Number: 42
first of all the R's are great subs. Rovin can vouche for htem. and from reading posts that you have made i wouldnt trust you as far as i could throw you.

Bronze Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 98
Mateo... You have about 1/20th of the posts he has. Im not saying anything bad about your opinion, but you haven't really proven to anyone that you can be trusted either. Neither have I. This forum isnt about trust, its about opinions. I personally despise alpine so i would go with the AA.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 426
i think kicker cvr's would get louder essecially if he got some 15s. 2 15" cvr's and a hifinics brutus 1500 amp would be great budget setup that is more on the spl side.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1302
posts dont have anything to do with it........they are great subs

Gold Member

Phx, Arizona

Post Number: 1388
i've heard SEVERAL setups with R's every single one of them was a great setup, and NONE of them sounded good to me, they all sounded like loud wracket, seriouesly. i wouldn't bag on R's if i didn't have a reason. I agree with Deamon Pride, i do not like alpine at all, their subs are not up to standards like the rest of their products are

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 427
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HIFONICS-BRUTUS-BX1500D-SUBWOOFER-AMP-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitem Z9715285245QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-KICKER-COMVR-05-CVR15-15-CAR-SUBWOOFER-2-4-OHM-SUB_W0QQi temZ9714149969QQcategoryZ58035QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

under $500 for the whole setup

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
someone show me a sub better than the type r for the same price. and i still have alot to learn but its like james said the number of times you have posted doesnt decide if you know what you are talking about or not. im not trying to start anything im an just saying whats on my mind. and what i said about trusting him what i meant was trusting his opinion. and i know he is entitled to it. again, sry if i started something.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
demon pride im not here to prove anything to anybody. and sry i didnt see your post before i posted.

Gold Member

Phx, Arizona

Post Number: 1392
yea Mateo i don't mean to start anything either, im just saying EVERY set up i've heard with the R's ahve just sounded like crap, and like i said before the alpine subs just aren't up to standards with the rest of their products. you have your opinion and i have mine, i respect yours and i hope that you'd respect mine.

RE has good subs for i think the same price, AA as well

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2625
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=21_61&products_id=1 12 <<will sound great too. like an arsenal. not the loudest option but will get pretty loud with like 500w.

or a kicker CVX. they are under 200 for a 12.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 428
nevermind the cvr's i read it as 200/pair not 200/each for subs. there's better out there

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2627
let me just say i have no personal experience with dayton titanic but i would guess it to be about as loud as a type R with about 500... however the dayton would definetly own it in the lows and take the SQ trophy as well.

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 168
dose anyone know the shipping on aa products?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2629
appx 20$ (guess)

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 164
it was 15 for one assassin

Bronze Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 15
trevor.. that cone and suround on that titanic sub or titan whatever it is looks exactly like an....Audiobahn.... which have good specs also but apparently are crap.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2650
nooooooooo. dayton is a reputable brand. they are far far superior to audiobahn. it used to be called the avalanche twin. and the avalanche is an amazing driver. i wasnt just syaing the specs look good, ive spoke with people that have used them on forums and they are good subwoofers.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6631
^^just because the cone looks the same means nothing.

The dayton would own a type r in sq, and should get just as loud..., and what audioburn has good specs???

Bronze Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 17
just making an observation.the only subs popular here are kicker and rockford.yall got me wanting to get an re or a treo or now an aa which i had never heard of any of these until i stumbled across this great site.oh ya the observation was that the sub kooked like an audiobahn.im sure its better than that.you guys seem to know the ups on currant car audio.i was big in it with 4 15 in kicker comps back in the day '91.just gettin back into it alittle now.

Bronze Member
Username: Eseesai

Post Number: 55
yeah i've heard nothing but good about the AA Assassins i think that would be a good choice, but if u want the type R thats up to u

Bronze Member
Username: Paps

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 37
I heard the kicker cvx are great sql subs , their basically like L7 spl with cvr sq. i got 2 10's from ebay for 339 (thats price including shipping). someone told me that they were way better than type r's

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 88
well im still thinking the r's but could i get a 15 for around what 2 12 inch r's would cost? that would sound better cause i have room for a 15 in my trunk and everyone at school has $hitty systems so i want to show them what a real system is lol

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 89
because i want something about 300-400 dolllars but then again the bigger the sub the more i gotta spend on an amp, any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1566
okay basically the type r is the best bang for the buck along with the cvr the aa assassin not trying to make it lok bad but it is mostly sq it doesnt get all that loud to what ive heard trevor had them and he was dissappointed by how loud they got im pretty sure you should just get the r's put them in a nice ported box and call it a day

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 113
just stick with DD....

bump

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1568
alex stfu please cause you dont know sh!t

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 120
Personally ive never met sh!t before, but I'm sure you know him. I'm sure you have seen my other posts and theres nothing wrong with wanting to learn. I love car audio and I've been into it for years now. So at least give me some credit for trying to help.

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 121
Bump

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1572
ya but dont tell me to stick to dd cause thats not right man if you know what im saying im sure your trying to learn and keep on learning cause thats whatim doing also just learning

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 90
"not trying to make it lok bad but it is mostly sq it doesnt get all that loud to what ive heard trevor had them and he was dissappointed by how loud they got"
which subs u talking about?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2664
yeah which subs did i have? lol

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1580
not you i ment tyler lol sorry man and the assassins

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2666
i thought he loved them? the only thing he saidabout them not being loud enough is because 2 12 CVRs ported was louder. but of course, his were sealed...

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 93
so 2 12 inch tyoe r's would be the best or is there a single 15 for abut the price of the type r's ( 300 or so) that 2would be louder

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 758
hey Der Führer... i saw someone in another post say that you changed your name. what was your name before the change and why do you think you are the leader? Upload

Silver Member
Username: Shman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 101
IMO, the 2 12's would be better than the 15 b/c you get good spl with better sq than the single 15...

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Slowcala, FL The one that...

Post Number: 2988
hwo do oyu do the special symbols and such in the name Fuhrer???

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 104
i was wondering the sAme thing æ u ...lol

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 105
‡ U € ¥

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 761
i just copied his name and paste! whalla!

Bronze Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 39
2 rl-p will only be $40 more than you want to spend on the subs