Hitting power SPL or SQ

Bronze Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 35
I been hearing alot abot different subs.... Does SQ give more of a hitting feeling in your body then SPL, Or would the system being in the trunk or not make that difference? I have my system in the truck and its all SPL i have a few friends with SQ systems that are barely anything close my power ratings and yet theres still feels like it hits harder but yet my bass dosnt but you can hear it further..... and suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 520
SQ catches almost all notes, that's why you might feel it in your whole body, but SPL you can hear it from outside the car and farther and still feel it

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 36
Would you suggest mixing a spl system with a SPL system? Would that sound good or like garbage? Lately i been thinking im going to go SQ but if it would sound good with SPL il go for both if the power doesnt stop me....

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 37
Sorry SQ with a SPL system*****

Bronze Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 69
yes, that's calling SQL, a mix of both, a system that can be very loud and at the same time sound good.

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 38
I got 3 10'' Pioneer IMPP subs that i got for 50$ with a box, i kno they arent damaged or anything but is this a good deal? Would these sound good(with my current system) they are 500watts each i would put them on a 2000watt amp.
Are these speakers crappy its hard for me to believe they will sound good for how much i paid for them......

Silver Member

Post Number: 523
it's nice for 50$ you know, but no, they won't sound as good as you think, if you want a Sq setup without spending to much, check type r and infinity, i heard a guy with 4 infinity 10 wired with a 1200 amp and it sounded very clean.

Silver Member
Username: Shman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 113
for sq go to http://ascendantaudio.com/index.html for spl go digital dimensions 9500 series or Resonant engineering XXX or MT

Silver Member

Post Number: 531
jaja, archie's the man $$$$$

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 39
So i got a different amp on my subs now.... just a 1000watt 2\channel bridged for 4 ohms and my speakers are wired for 4 ohm from the manual readings but when i test it with my ohm meter they read 3.0 ohms and my amp tends to get very hot as well as the last one, is there somthing wrong with my speakers? Or is the resistance way to off for it, could i change it with some sort of resistor maybe? I melted the plastic off of the fuse casing 3 times already and the fuse didnt pop, any ideas on that either?

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 40
Also has anyone heard the Pioneer Premier 3004SPL 12'' subs? do they sound and good, is it worth 250$ for a pair of em?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2705
no, i dont think they sound good at all, more inclined to SPL!

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 951
About the situation with the impedance readout.. You're DMM is probably a DC one.. and DC impedance will show up as a little bit lower than AC in most cases. Like my W7 with dual 1.5 ohm VC's, shows up as something like 1.4 if I'm remembering correctly.

Not sure it should make the difference of a full ohm, though.. You might want to try a new DMM.

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 41
Well will they do a good job at making it harder to breathe in my SUV or howmany watts would i need SPL or SQ? I been spending to much money and i cant get this effect... but my friends who spend 10% as much as me seem to get it done... and these pioneers did it for her???? Arent those pioneers SPL?

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 42
DMM? is that the Multimeter? Reading that i had were verified at Music in motion when i thought my meter was broken but i guess its not. My amp gets very hot though, any of them that has ever been on those subs has been. Does this 1 ohm difference contribute to that, with wiring for 1 ohm it read .8 .9 and bounces back and fourth on that... my 1 ohm earthquake amp got super hot to... only up a little to maybe pushing 1400rms not up even half way....

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1661
"for spl go digital dimensions 9500 series or Resonant engineering XXX or MT"

first off its digital designs and for the record the 9500 series is not a spl sub it is sql it sounds very nice and keeps up with evrything but at the same time gets very very loud the xxx is also a sql sub not spl but the mt is a spl

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 326
I have that same problem. The whole hearing from like 1/2 mile away but right outside the car it doesnt sound right except i think its my HU so ima replace that by this Frieday.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 327
Am i right experts? Is it probably my HU?

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 43
Is your HU set for subwoofers? It makes a big differnce having a HU that supports SW-Outputs.... Setting Frequencys and bass levels and such from it....

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 329
My current 1 is a factory deck. I have 1 of those converters for the RCA cables. John did u reach your goal for your system yet? I think we have the exact same question about systems but its just hard to explain.

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 44
No i didnt but i am coming to believe my subwoofers are the cause of my problem..... Hard to put it directly on them though. The convertors on stock radios really sounds like crap, once you have a cd player with rca outputs for a subwoofer it will allow you to change your subwoofer level and frequencys and it will sound alot clearer and will actually drive your amp more depending on how its set up. I ran into that problem before when i was using a rca convertor they suck. But im looking into buying new subs because of these ones being so f*(**)* G&y but does anyone if Earthquake makes good subs? I was looking into The Earthquake Holees15 Competition subs.. the cheapest i found them so far is about 1,200$ a sub but has anyone heard these are they worth it?

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 331
Yea i had always wondered y my system was lacking sumthing bad cuz id see ppl in town with dual or sony subs and they would sound better than my kickers so id wonder wtf is going on. So my last option is to change my deck and i think that will add the sound im lacking....

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2722
earthquale makes some good SPL subs, thats about it.. what is ur exact question?? did alot of readin...

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 342
My question or Jons?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us