How are diamond audio subs?

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1356
how is this diamond audio sub? does it have good sq? spl? i liked it cuz its frequency response goes all the way down to 18hz so it must hit low
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2691

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1362

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 100
never heard that sub in particular, but Diamond Audio has the green light in my eyes, never heard bad stuff from them...

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1385
how would u compare that sub to a kicker cvx and an adire audio brahma?

which one of these 3 subs goes the lowest?

Bronze Member
Username: 69_ohm_stable

Post Number: 18
I have been researching diamond for about 3 months now. I was gonna put three jl audio w3v3's in my car on my MTX 942 but there is a guy here who has been in car audio for over a decade and he swears to me that three D3's will sound and pound much better. The only reasons that I am gonna check them out is because he sales jl and diamond at his shop, and because for the price of one w3, I can buy three D3's

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1647
i heard diamonds sound very nice but ive never heard any diamond's so dont take my word on it

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 720
the D9 I believe use the same stuff in the TDX sub they used to have and those were some of the best underrated subs out there. I believe ICIX used it in their woofer test and had it up there with the W7. The Kicker CVX is not even in the same class as the Brahma. I would say depending on enclosure that both the brahma and d9 will give you awesome lows and sound good doing so.

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1390
so ur saying a brahma has better spl than a cvx?

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1391
and better sq than a cvx?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3080
i think a Brahma would have better sound quality than Kicker's whole line of subs:-)

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 724
I don't know why all the sudden I see kicker CVX or CVR popping up as a good sub. They are nothing special at all. CVR is a budget sub that does well if you pay less than 100$ per sub and the CVX is only a step up from that. They're not good at SQ and the SPl on them is only good when in a high tuned enclosure but then you miss out alot of music. No Kicker sub will compare to series for series with Adire and honestly a lot of online companies.

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1394
thanx for that info.

i already knew the brahma sounded better than a cvx but i thought that they were about the same spl.

but wut i like is being able to hit low. ima get 1 15" rather than 2 12" to get lower not louder. the 15" cvx fs is 18hz. i think the 15" brahmas fs is 17hz or 18hz

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 205
you cant hear under 20, and if you listen to subs alot youve prolly lost som hearing on top of that.

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1397
yea i know but u can still feel under 20hz. if a 20hz note in a song hits it usually still has some 30-40hz in it so u can still hear it but u feel it more

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 725
you know, specs are a good place to start but really don't show the actual performance of the sub. My Mag has a higher fs, 22hz, but goes much lower than the kicker does and the brahma and sounds better doing it.

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1398
yea i know about that but its a good place to start.

like i dont think its true that the idmax goes all the way down to 10hz.

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1400
even though its a 12"

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1407
so does anyone know anything bout the diamond audio d9?

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2108
will get plenty loud enough and sound great doing it .. i just think its priced a little high

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1411
since alter says the mag gets lower than than the cvx and the brahma. then does the 15" d9 go lower than a 15" mag? the d9 fs is 18hz

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1415
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us