JBL BP1200.1

Bronze Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 78
I just bought a JBL BP1200.1, JBL replaced them w/ the "so called" better Crown/Grand Touring series. I've own a few of these:

180.1 (381 watts benched *bridged rms @ 1ohm*)
* Pushed (3) 10" mtx 4500s *
300.1 (637 watts benched *bridged rms @ 1ohm*)
* Pushed (2) 12" JBL BP 1000s *
600.1 (1020 watts benched *bridged rms @ 1ohm*)
* Pushed (1) 15" Hifonics Goliath (4200rms) *
all JBL amps are tremendously underrated, ANYWAY!

I have (2) 12" L7 Solo-Barics which hold 750 rms(actually 1000 rms) each, and I'm sure they can withstand all of the amp power (1976 watts bridged rms @ 1ohm) for a limited time... I just want to know, if I should get another JBL amp for each sub... or just stick to one?? I don't what to risk blowing up my subs, they're my pride and joy! ASLO!! Would be possible that this 1 amp could blow my L7s??

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 417
better stick to 1 amp cuz if you buy another, then it will put more strain to your alt, you will need to turn the gain down for both amps, so if you're putting them 1500w or more they're going to bump

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 79
At my job " SynQuest Car Audio " * Authorized JBL Dealer * ... I found the JBL BP Power Series Blueprint book, * my boss showed it to me * I asked him * who owns (3) 15" JBL GTI Subs and (3) JBL 2200.1 Crown Series Amps * about the book, he told me,
" Everything in that book is factual

information, has been tested and

witnessed "

and I found some AMAZING stuff about the amp (1200.1)

12V ~ 13.1V - 1976 watts RMS @ 1ohm
14V ~ 16.4V - 2489 watts RMS @ 1ohm
17V ~ 17.7V - 3043 watts RMS @ 1ohm

That's freakin' UNBELIEVEABLE!!! But I'm a JBL/Kicker maniac, so, I believe it!!!

Soo, WOW! * That's all I can say *

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2712
D.J.,

if you can get a jbl bp1200.1 to do 1900w...i would be f@cking floored.

you sure thats not 1900w peak???
and as for the power going up as you increase voltage...that doesnt seem possible because the bp1200.1 has a regulated power supply.

oh...and are there any shops over your way that have an SPL meter? or do you know if any of the shops would be willing to co-sponser a competition. (non-sactioned) I'm going to be buying a TL in about 5weeks and i want to get a comp going here in north louisiana.

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 84
Occuring to my boss, it does it! And NO! It's not 1900 watts peak. And why do you say you'd be floored??? Everyone thinks the RE 15" is just the $h!t... Soo, I'm quite sure * NOT REALLY * that it'll crush my 2 12" Solo-Baric L7s * That's what everyone seems to believe anyway *

Marshall! You know you my NIGGA!! ANYWAY!! What's up w/ Team Audible Insanity?? When we gonna meet and all that other good stuff??? Call me @ 318-235-7732 about everything!

I doubt any of the shops ( SynQuest, Audio Empire, and Music Mart ) has an SPL meter... BUT!!! I know a nigga @ my school, GSU, who has a sound lever * Hopefully he got it back from his homie *

Hmm, Audio Empire would do it * I know that for a fact * ... and SynQuest would probably be willing to co-sponser! Yeah, a competition would be great to have in N. Louisiana!...

OH YEAH!! Have you ever heard of " Second Saturday "??? If not, here you go:

It's in the country
5,000+ people will be there
Flashy cars, Flashy Installations
SYSTEMS OUT THIS WORLD!
Bar-B-Q, and other food!
HOs, HOs, HOs!!!!!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2717
you work at synqest?
i might come by there sometime this week.

run the idea of a comp by your boss...the only cost for the comp would be trophies, and you can get them cheap...then charge a ~$20 entry fee and get your cash back easily. I would just need a parking lot and an extra computer screen to put on a nice comp once i get my Termlab.

when is the show you are talking about?

also, where the hell did your boss get the info that a bp1200.1 does 1900wrms at 1ohm on 12V...cause i can show up at his shop and prove that one wrong...lol. (i see ~750wrms w/ mine @ 3.35ohm reactive on 13.1-.5V)

i will say this though...a bp1200.1 on a good electrical system will give you ~1400wrms @ 1ohm.

but 3000w+ on 17V...all i have to say is your boss got ahold of some bad info on that one.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 739
yeah marshall, when u makin stickers for the team? i need one. it seems that extreme audio doesnt like competitions too much.

oh dude i need some help on makin a box that fires through the bed into the cab of a single cab S10. and also, hams gettin that 18 XXX and i would just like to get ur input on some things about the box. hit me up on AIM when u can.

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 85
He probably did get some bad info... But, I just sayin' what I was told! * He doesn't have a history of Bull$h!t though, shoulda known *... I mainly work @ Dominoes Pizza... It's easy to find, it's right off the interstate!! Since you're coming from Monroe, it'll be the last in ruston, turn left like you goin' to LA Tech, keep str8, and it's on the right hand side! * Like you don't know that already * I'll run it across all of the Audio stores in Ruston... Question! Where do you plan on havin' it??? <--- That's gonna determine ALOT! OH YEAH!!!... You need to come down to GSU this week ( The WHOLE week... or just the day of the Car Show/Sound Show ) for Spring-Tiger Fest!..

The "Second Saturday" thing is on the 2nd saturday in May... There was a lil' amateur comp. in Minden last night around 7 I was there, but I was on a date... I just stopped and listened... and laughted!!! Some guy in a Silver Impala w/ (3) 12" Sony Explodes won... I was ROLLING!!!! * He attends GSU also *... I turned mine up to about 7 on volume and took him out, But I wasn't entered in it though... $10 and I think it was about 11 or 12 cars involved.. He got about 40% of 110 or 120! ANYWAY!... Yeah, like johnny said:

" When u makin' stickers for the team? "

I want one for my back windshield ( The WHOLE thing ) ... and probably my upper front windshield!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2728
i had a few small stickers made...they are ~2" tall and 14" wide...got about 4 left.

they look like this:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/650000-650999/650399_69_full.j pg

i have been to synquest b4...looking for a meter, lol.

i plan to get my Termlab by early June...it may be next semester b4 i get to put on a competition here in north louisiana though. (i live in Jonesville durring the summer...bout 1.5 hours south of monroe)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2729
as for where i will have it...anywhere in monroe or ruston that i can get a parking lot to do it in!

if one of the shops has a big enough lot and they are willing to sponsor the show....i could do it there.

prolly just do a few classes like:

class 1---2 10's, 1 12"
class 2---3 10's, 2 12's, 1 15"
class 3---4 10's, 3 12's, 2 15's, 1 18"
class 4---unlimited subs
class 5---port war style
class 6---30second average on music (600w or less)
class 7---30second average on music (unlimited power)

i may combine class 6 and 7 though...depends on what the shop(s) that sponsor it have to say.

everything will prolly be outlaw style (doors can be open)

i hope a shop will be willing to pay for trophies...they could get their money back on entry fees. If not, i'll just rebadge some of my trophies i have won and just give them out for 1st place...and do print out certificates for 2nd and 3rd.

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 86
I want one of the stickers!!! How much?? Yeah, I think I know where Jonesville is * Not Jonesboro * ... Hey! Whatever is good for you, if not till next semester, then it won't be until next semester!! Those classes will work, esspecially around here. If the shops don't want to buy the trophies, I guess the team could put up money for them! ( So you don't have to give out yours )

I spoke to some people about the team, I have about 3 guarantees ( Other than me ):

Iran - 2003 Chevy Silverado
(2) or (3) 12" L7 Solo-Barics
Don't know what amp
Custom box ( took out the rare seats, box is almost a wall, speaker downfiring - Was in the competition @ Audio Empire - I think he won, or got 2nd ) ... Number: 3182726330

A girl ( forgot name ) - 2001-2002 Mustang
(2) 12" L7 Solo-Barics
Rockford Fosgate 1000D ( I think that's what she said )
* Don't know her number, but I know where she lives! *

Pat - 1999 Jimmy
(2) 12" SPL Xtreme Competitions
Rockford Fosgate 1100D
* Works @ Music Mart in Ruston, only black guy there *
* Don't know number, but I go to the job 3 days out the week! *

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2749
DJ,

i'm selling the stickers for bout $6 each.

where is Empire Audio? (shreveport?)
was the comp just a local thing, or was it a sacntioned show? do you know if they used the Termlab or the old AC 180?

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 88
OK!!! When can I get it?? This weekend?? or just bring it when you decide to come down here! ( If you come before the weekend )

No, Audio Empire is in Ruston, this just recently opened like 1 year ago... Something like that! The comp. was just a lil' local thing they put on... I'm not sure if they do or not... But I can go there and ask them!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2758
I dont have the stickers w/ me here in monroe...they are at my house in Jonesville. I'll pick them up when i go there this weekend.

What i am wondering it...if Empire put on a local show a, they prolly got an SPL meter! If you can man...run by there and see if they do. Ask if it is an AudioControl or a Termlab.

I'm not gonna be able to come to Ruston this week...but if Empire has a mic, i will be there next monday to do some testing :-) (if they will let me use their mic)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2759
by the way...i PMed you my cell #

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 767
marshall, i need 2 stickers for my truck, prolly goin on the side back windows.

oh and dude, while i was reading this, i got a call from ham, and hes sellin me a 20 farad cap for 30 bux!!! LOL so dude if u want a 2 farad digital cap, i got one for sale. i know u had a 1 farad or 1.5 farad a while back, so if havent gotten a new one yet, u know my AIM SN.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2766
i'm doing away w/ my cap...its a waste, alot of times they can hurt more than they would ever help.

going to either 2 interstate sealed G31 (1100cca) batts, 1 NSB 90, or mayby 1 NSB125 :-)

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 89
Alright... I'll go and see if they have one! They I'll call and tell you!

I found somemore people! * No BS - just seems like everyone has L7s, HAHAHA! *

Bo - Old Skool 2 door Cutlass
(2) 15" L7 Solo-Barics
don't know the amp or anything else

* My homie's brother *
2005 Dodge Ram Hemi ( on 22's )
(1) 10" L7 Solo-Baric
Memphis 1500D
( Only thing - he is in the Army ) I know how to reach his brother, but I spoke to him in person last night!

James - 2001 Dodge Status
Currently (1) 12" Solo-X
Boss Audio 3000D ( Same amp I had @ first )
* Next week he will have, thanks to me *
(4) 12" CVXs
Heritage 2000

and possibly my cousin
Roy - 1995 Buick Regal GS
(2) 12" Eclipse Ti
JBL 1201.1 Grand Touring Series
( But currently, only b/c he sent the Tis back for new one's )
(2) 12" MTX Thunder 9500

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2773
kool man...if they have a mic, i may try to come by today.

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 90
Guess what... SynQuest has a mic ( AudioControl ) ... BUT!!! I repeat, BUT!!!

HE SAID HE IS MY GOIN' TO CHARGE IT UP, AND BRING IT OUT JUST FOR 1 CAR!!!

And by the way, SunCoast Sound has a mic also ( that's Dre, owner of SynQuest, said... Why don't you go there??

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2783
suncoast has a mic???? your kinding me...right?

they always told me they didnt have one when i asked.

i havnt been by there in about 3months...maybe they just got it? i'm gonna have to run by there and check it out.

anyways...i'm not gonna get a chance to get the stickers this weekend. i have a hell of alot to do here in monroe, so i'm cant make the trip back to jonesville this weekend.

my sister drives back and forth to monroe on tuesday and thursday though...i will see if she can bring them when she comes.

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 91
ALRIGHT!!!.. That'll be kool!.. Yeah, he said that SunCoast has one... * But he doubts they let you use it * ... He also said that, they use to charge people that wanted to come in a test they systems!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us