GOOD BYE XXX 12, HELLO XXX 18!!!

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 746
i just sent off my 05 XXX 12 to be rebuilt/reconed as a XXX 18. 200 bux even, shipped. anyone need a 3 cuft box (after port and sub displacement) tuned to 30~32 hz for a 12 inch sub?? dems are 38 X 16 X 15. 3 3/8" port opening. ill post pics as soon as i can. make an offer.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2738
lol...i told ya it would be about $200

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2739
lol...i told ya it would be about $200

Silver Member

Post Number: 747
indeed u did marshall. lol dude the back seat is deff comin out. i dont know if im goin to go 7.5 cuft though. im goin to see wut i can actually get out of the back area and try to stay low with the box. but we'll see. but ima need ur help on this one more than before dude. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Chevy4life

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 62
is that what box you had your 12 in. what is the best box for a 12 xxx.thx

Silver Member

Post Number: 759
well it really depends on wut u want out of the sub, i wanted the lowest bass i could get while still having an "ok" range of bass. my 12 slammed in that box. i dont think u can fit a new XXX 12 in it cuz of the mounting depth of the new 12. my port end comes real close to where the subs magnet reaches. and with the size of the new XXX magnet and the depth, i think it might touch.

when u get ur new XXX 12 just tune your box to a couple of hz above the Fs of the sub. or right at it if u want really low bass. as for the cuft for the new XXX, im guessin 3.5-4.5 cuft. but i dont know for sure, marshall might have some more input on that.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2229
umm i didnt know it was possible to recone a 12 to an 18

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1018
sweet man. what did they do just add a different basket and save the magnet? i'll bet that 18 is friggin loud. why dont u get two?

Silver Member

Post Number: 761
ok i sent it off already but i didnt get it back yet lol i sent it yesterday which was monday. and they are deff rebuilding it as an 18 from a 12. yeah lucas, they r just gonna keep the magnet and motor, and put a new basket and cone all the soft parts. i would get 2 if i had another 05 XXX 12 to send to them. i saw one on ebay the other day, but i dont think i want to buy another sub then get it rebuilt. i mean if i had one layin around, yeah id get it done too.

yeah, so if anyone has an 05 model XXX that just isnt big enuff for em, call RE, they give u an RMA number and u send in the sub, when they get it, they will call u and ask for ur payment, they build it and ship it back to u. sweet deal for $200 even.

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1021
yeah so if ne1 has one of these subs that are blown dont throw it away. i will buy it from u.

Silver Member

Post Number: 774
hahahahaha lmao. good idea. dude check ebay to see how much that XXX 12 is bid at. it would be sweet to have a 15 XXX or an 18 XXX:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us