Hey Optidriven got my Lanzar 268 yesterday

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 206
Thanx Optidriven the lanzar 268 is a pretty good amp for the price i got it yesterday except i think its too much for my kicker cvr's. So i might need to get new subs. Would i be able to hood up some good SQ subs to it? Do amps make difference on sound quality? Thanx opti and whoever.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 207
HOOK(correction)

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 816
Glad you like it - that's quite a bit of power for ~$120.

Given decent speakers and a good enclosure the brand on the amp has little to nothing to do with SQ - all they need is power - precise frequency control helps, but for a sub - the amp's crossovers should work just fine.

Make sure you've tested all your options with your amp settings before you give up on those subs. CVR's aren't bad. Sometimes just varying the low pass setting can make a world of difference. My subs sound pretty muddy with the LPF much above 60hz, but sound great below that.

Just mess with it a little bit, see what you can come up with. Keep your gain low - you don't want the amp to clip.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 214
Kool thanx i tried to build that SPL/deep bass seried enclosure that it had on the manual of the kicker and i did an ok job on it. Ill try screwin with the lpf and the level, what should i put the level to? Half ways? I bought mine off Etronics for $150 w/shipping.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 215
Hey OPTI is it possible to run the amp in bridged at 5 ohms instead of 4 ohms? Do you know the actual power it puts out in each channel at 4ohms and 2 ohms? Thanx

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 216
The amp is pretty big too dont know why but i like it.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 420
if the amp is two ohm stable, it works even at 8 ohm or more, the difference is output power because of the resistance, and it should put at 4 ohm like 250x2 or 300x2, and why are you running it at 5ohm bridged?

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 217
Thank you too Juliob you were also pushin me to get the Lanzar 268 i just couldnt think of your name. Because i got 1 cvr dual 2ohm and 1 4ohm and if you wire them some how, i saw on the 12volt.com wiring calcultor that if you put them together some how it makes a 5ohm load so im wondering if i could do that in bridged and how much watts would be pushin rms. Thanx

Silver Member

Post Number: 438
you just should change it with a store and pay difference or trade it with somebody so you could push them properly, remember change the dual 2 and get dual 4 and then bridge it, and we're glad you're enjoying it

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 821
dual 2 w/a dual 4 isn't going to work well at all.
You can get 3 ohms or 6.
For 3 you'd wire both pairs of coils parallel, that would give you a 1 and 2 ohm sub - with the subs in series you'd have 3 ohms.
2 problems with that -
1) at 3 ohms the amp would probably go into thermal protection in a matter of minutes, possibly seconds
2) the dvc2 would see twice the power compared to the dvc4. About 600 vs 300

Other option - 6 ohms --
Dual 2 in series for 4 ohms, dual 4 parallel for 2.
Again, 2 problems -
1) At 6 ohms you're only going to 700w or so from that amp (which wouldn't be too bad, but...)
2) The dual 4 would get 2x the power vs the dual 2, 466/233

If I were you I'd put the dual 2 on ebay - get what you can and pick up a dual 4. Chances are you could make the swap for almost no money spent.

That amp's roughly 300x2 at 4 ohms, 450x2 at 2.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 617
What would that amp actually give out?

2 x 1000 RMS at 4 OHMS
2 x 2000W MAX at 4 OHMS
1 x 4000W MAX at 4 OHMS Bridged
2 x 1650W at 2 OHMS

I dont like how it gives you max ratings...confusing lol. Might be a good budget amp for a friend.

Silver Member

Post Number: 451
mike the one you're saying is viberant 286 and that's badly overrated but imagine for only 189$ i think it should put 1000w rms briged, the one we're talking is 268

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 219
Hey opti or juliob how do i get 2 dual 4 ohm subs to equal a 4 ohm load? Thanx. Ill probably sell it to one of my friends. I hate bullsh!ters. The other day i was talking to someone in school and the guy said hey had 6 18" sony subs i was like sure. So yesterday i went to his house bassing it and he was so shocked wit just my 2 12's and my beutiful new amplifier and he said when i rolled up to his house i was literally shaking his mobile home! I dont know bout shaking but probably rattling everything in it. Then i told him well what happened to all your 18's he stayed quiet for a while and then said he sold them to his friend and didnt use them i was like sure. I need dynamite bad though my licence plate rattles like 1 and a half inches out and its annoying. Is there any other options to do to my trunk? Thanx guyz.

Username: Bdb886

Post Number: 7
Hey TJ where did you get the lanzar from for $120???

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 220
Brian i got mine for $150 at Etronics. It says on the 4th post on this thread. I think Opti sayed they were $120 at millionbuy.com but dont remember.

Username: Gravestream

Post Number: 3
Hate to break to you, but you crapped out on the amp. Anyone who knows anything about car audio, knows you get what you pay for, if it was 120 its gonna sound like a 120 dollar amp, If you happy with it so be it, but don't be suprised if it shits in a month. Cheap doesn't always mean better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 453
but can mean good deal

Silver Member

Post Number: 454
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

there's how you should wire it

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 823
Chris - $120 for 900+ watts is a deal even if it only lasts for a few months. SQ isn't an issue when you're comparing bench test to bench test. Unclipped power is unclipped power whether you're talking Mcintosh or Lanzar vibe.

As for reliability - I've owned 4 class a/b vibe amps for about 5 years and never had one fail.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 226
Opti wut subs u got in ur ride??

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 832
some old eminence 12's

subs are #1 on my upgrade list, but a 6 yr old, a new wife, and buying our first house in the next couple months sort of trumps my sound system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us