Is a KX2500.1 amp to much power for 2 12" cvx?

Bronze Member
Username: Don_beeski

Bourbonnais, IL Kankakee

Post Number: 32
I was told a kx2500.1 amp is to much power for my 2 12" cvx's. I have both of these items coming to me. If it is to much what should I do? Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1635
what are your subs vc config?

Bronze Member

Bourbonnais, IL Kankakee

Post Number: 33
duel voice coil 4 ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 305
the amp is 1200wrms at 4, and 2500wrms at 2ohms right? if so wire them at 4ohm, you'll be underpowering them each by like 150w, but i know kicker underrates there amps, so depending what you're amps' birth sheet says, you'll probably be giving them about exactly the subs rms.

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 682
^^^^yea, it should sound a little cleaner than 1ohm too, but thats just what ive heard, i dont know if you can tell the difference

Bronze Member

Bourbonnais, IL Kankakee

Post Number: 34
I haven't put everything together yet. What I use just my regulat alt, will it damage anything?

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 430
maybe your lights will dim if your alt can't put the amperes it demands, maybe you should buy one but first install it and then you figure it out

Username: Gravestream

Post Number: 1
Ok, You want some real advice, its never wise to crank the gain on your amp all the way up anyways, its bad on the amp, which means you'll never get everything out of it to start. You can always overshoot with power, just turn the gain down, this way, if you pop subs, you can just get new ones to fit the amp. You choose good stuff, don't worry about trying to match power because in my expierence it never happens

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 458
"You choose good stuff, don't worry about trying to match power because in my expierence it never happens"

wrong, you should buy good stuffs and match power

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 866
yup. i agree

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5668
man where is glass to rip this guy a new a$$hole when you need him? I agree aswell^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us