Port size

Bronze Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 33
im building my own box using the factory reccomendations, but for the slot port size, it just says 1.25x11.5 with a depth of 15.5 inches so for the inside wall of the port should it just go straight back and end at 15.5 inches from the front of the box, or should it be made more like an L like alot of boxes are?also what should be the depth of my box if the port depth is 15.5?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2558
to decide whether or not your port is an L depends on how deep your box is. if its 18.5 inches or longer then you dont have to use an L. it doesnt matter how deep the box is though, just make sure its the right volume.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
oh i understand....so it doesnt really matter just as long as its 1.25 inches wide and atleast 15.5 inches long....no matter what direction it goes....so does it still have to be 11.5 inches tall all the way back or just at the initial opening?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2561
the port must be the same height and width all the way.... EXACTLY!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
hey sry about all the questions Trevor, this is my first box that im actually building.....im a noobie when it comes to box building....but if i make it the right cubic ft and make the port size right, then the tuning frequency will be right. correct? and are there any other tips i need to know about?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
also, does the ported part of the box count as the cubic ft.....cause the box is supposed to be 1.5 cf so should i include the port in that calculation?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us