Several Questions: Treos,RE, wireing, etc.

Bronze Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 64
I want to replace my 15" L7.
Which series of Treo or RE will compare to the L7 in SPL, but maintain better SQ? I'm wanting a pair maybe, unless one sub is good enuff, ive never heard any treos, so im not sure. I have roughly 6.5 cuft. to work with.

Also, where can i get 0ga. wire, im needing a large order, maybe 40+ feet, and i was wondering wat would be a good price for it per foot or for a spool?

What are a good set of component speakers, im wanting to replace all my door speakers w/ some new ones, and have an amp to run them.

I'm going to save up and buy each thing step by step. So my budget is not certain, i just dont want to go too expensive.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 123
2 12" re SX
2 12" tsx or ssi
1 12" or 15" ssx or csx

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 888
2 15" treo tsxs and a solid 1200rms amp will be more than enough.

just look online for wire, many sites have it.

how much are you willing to spend on speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 405
infinity reference and kappa for budget

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3642
jajaja i agree with jake.

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 66
what would the SPL difference between 2 15" tsx/2 12" ssx/2 12" RE SX? assuming i get em all fully powered.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2482
if they all receiver their rms ratings.... the 2 12 ssx subs will be loudest by a longshot, the 2 12 re sxs will probably be next and 2 15 tsx will probably be last but barely and only because they are 500w rms where as the 2 12 sx would be a total of 2000w rms... but the tsx 15s and re sx 12s could be close.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2323
^^^umm all TREO ratings are incorrect... ^^^

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 67
Thats what I've heard. Lets say i was to get 2 15" TSX, and run them at about 1000watt rms each, which ive read a few ppl say they have done. Would they be louder than 2 12" RE SX with the same power?

I'm starting to lean toward the Treo TSX or SSX, but the SSX are a lil too expensive to buy two of them, how much for a SX?

Also, Do you think 3 15" Treos in a sealed box w/ around 2.3cuft to each sub would sound as loud as 2 15" ported. I'm going to buy a separate amp for each sub.

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 68
Jake: get 2 15" TSXs with 2 Audiobahn A8000Ts or 2 15" TSXs with 1 Kicker 1200.1(or other amp in the $300 range)? Also, how are the SSis compared to the TSX, are they worth the extra money, b/c no one on here has really mentioned them.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2501
the SSi is mentioned all over the site lol. the ssi will have about the same SPL as the TSXs given the same amount of power but have a cleaner sound to them.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 361
for wire go to www.knukonceptz.com. cheap, high quality wire, esspecially the kolossus. i got some kolossus 4 awg, it was about twice as big as some off brand 4 awg i had before.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 898
the SSi is a sound quality woofer. its just you can put 1500rms to it and make it scream if you want. one of my good friends hates overwhelming bass so he has 1 15 SSi with only 400rms to it and it sounds perfect in his car. hits everynote the exact same and can get really low in the right box.

im guessing if you want a 2 subwoofer system the TSx is the way to go because you wont have to worry about upgrading ur alt.

DO NOT get an SSX unless you are willing to put 3000+rms to each one. they are rated extremely low.

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 69
Powering isnt a problem b/c im going to buy the amp after my subs, and just save up until i get what i need. I think I'm going to get 2 15" TSXs, but will I have enough room for a good box to let em really work. B/c the biggest box i can make is around 6.5 cu ft. and I'm wanting it tuned low. So should i just go with 2 12s or will the 2 15s have enought space?? Also, about how many dbs would these subs hit in a trunk(probably going to be running around 1000rms to each 15 or a lil lower to each 12)

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 70
ok..i just looked at some soundsplinter rl-p subs. How do they compare to the Treos?

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 73
bump*

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2426
2 TSX 15s, with a 1000d on each one... rediculously loud! with amazing SQL! My experince... :-)

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 74
I think I might get an Audiobahn monoblock b/c their amps are cheap and put out the power they say. is 800rms good or should i get 1000+ per sub?

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 84
Where can I order Treos? someone said that they dont provide warranty over online sales, but theres not a shop nearby anywhere that sells Treo. Also, can you order directly from Treo?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2546
nope treo does not sell them. you have to go to a dealer or look on ebay or http://www.mobilesoundworks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=470

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 87
Is that site reliable? What kind of warranty do they carry from online places?
The only one i found on ebay was a 12" SSi, do you think it would b as loud as 2 12" TSXs. The TSXs would get about 800 apiece and the SSi would get prolly 1200rms.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3581
2 TSX's will be louder vs. 1 SSI in the same size.

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 94
Ok...I think I'm going to get 2 12" TSX w/ 2 A8000T or 2 15" TSX with same amps. Which is the best choice for SPL but still having good SQ? I may end up upgrading to an orion 2500D or 2 kicker 1200.1 if i get the money.

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 95
Does the Treo TSX come in a 15"? All I can find is the the 10s and 12s.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2456
yes, the TREO TSX 15s are quite nice.. :-) Now only if they made it in a 18!

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 97
Awesome..I'm looking for 2 of them. Is a 3cu ft. ported enclosure too small for one of them? and wat should i tune it to?

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2460
3cubes is perfect for ported, Tune em low around 32-35hz!

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 99
Good. I have 6.6 cu ft. exactly to use(including port, etc.). Where can I get a 15? mobilesoundworks doesnt carry them and theres no dealers near me.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2461
your local dealer... call the 800 number on their webpage... www.treoonline.com
They will tell u the nearest dealer!

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 103
There isnt one close to me, like within a drive there and back without wasting a whole day and a tank of gas. Any other way i could get one? Do you have a dealer close? if so, check on the price of 2 15" TSX for me

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2479
Ill check tmrw, and start a thread of what i can get for the prices. :-)

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 108
how does the IDMAX 12 compare to the Treo SSX?

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2500
:-) man, IDMAX dont compare to the SSX, step down 2 or 1 levels to the TSX or the SSI...

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 111
i meant TSX. there were 2 IDMAX on Ebay, but i could get two TSX for about $100 more than 1 IDMAX
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us