Ported box?

Bronze Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 24
i have 2 12" memphis power reference subs with a sealed box, these subs are only 250 watts rms to begin with and having them in a sealed box isnt helping anithing, so im wanting a dual, ported box, with separate chambers....What do i need to pay attention to when buying one? Hz's?cubic feet? i know that that stuff is important but how important is it that i stay close to the factaory recommendations? And how do i know that my subs will fit? most places dont list the diameter of the holes, and the mounting diameter for my subs is actually only 10.76 inches. i dont really want to buy a box and then find out that my subs dont even fit. Also a Marshall White has been recommended to me to design a box for me but I don't know how to find him, so if you know him, id like to get ahold of him. thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Logan__tille

Post Number: 58
why dont you just build a box?, its alot cheaper and you can make it anywhay you want to.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
why dont you just build a box?, its alot cheaper and you can make it anyway you want to.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
why dont you just build a box?, its alot cheaper and you can make it how you want it to be.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
oh sh!t....sorry triple post.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
.....i could do that,i am good with building things, but i dont know how to tune a box or how big to make the ports or anything like that

Silver Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 106
www.the12volt.com Everything I needed to build my box was there!

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2445
what amp u have them on?? I had those subs on a prd1000 and they got extremely loud for 12s! That amp would need a good chargin system.

haha memories...
this 1 guy always thought i had 15s in the car.. I never gave him a answer. ohh, the box was sealed too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
B...my amp pretty much sucks, its a power acoustic 2 channnel, does 2x300 watts at 2 ohms...it works...i havent had any trouble with it. and for an alternator ive got the premium delco one from autozone....im not sure what it puts out cause the guy that had the car before me had it put in and all i got is the old receipt

Bronze Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 91
The PR's definately sound better ported IMO. Upgrading your amp would help alot too, they'll take around 400rms easily

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
yeah i know a dealer that puts 500 to them, and the hit hard, im waiting to upgrade til this summer when i can get some money

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
so i guess im going to build my own box now.... ive done some research and i plan to build a dual, slot ported box, with separate chambers...so tell me if im wrong but, memphis has a "box specifications" page and it give me 2 different options...it has a setup for my subs for minimum airspace with greater power or i could go with optimum airspace with less power handling. anybody know which one i should go for? either way for both setups...it gives me cubic ft.,tuning frequency, and the slot port dementions. so are those the only things i need to build my box by or am i missing something?

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 107
that should be it. I would go with the optimum airspace one, and still put around 400 to it, should do fine.
Have you ever built a box, or is this your first?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
ok so im building my own box i guess.....ive done some research and i want a dual, slot ported box, with separate chambers. i went to memphisaudio.com and they had a page called "box specifications" and for my subs they had 2 options... they had a setup for minimum airspace with greater power handling, or i could go with optimium airspace with less power handling. anobody know which one i should build? also, for each setup it gave me cubic ft, tuning frequency, and slot port dimensions. since thats all they give me...is that all i need to go by when building the box? and also....if i make it the right cubic ft and the right slot port demensions...that will give me the right tuning frequency...right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
ooops..........
yeah this is my first box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
bump

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
if i make it the right cubic ft and the right slot port demensions...that will give me the right tuning frequency...right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us