Some one please help

Username: Johnson08

Post Number: 1
I have two digital audio 12's in a box im wanting to buy i have them here at my house my problem is when i hook them up to my pirimid 1000 wat amp the amp kicks into protect mode i had a guy at work hook them up to his legacy 600 wat amp and it too kicked into protect mode before i tried to hook up the 12's i had two 10's in a bandpass box and they worked great what am i doing wrong any thoughts are appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1396
umm maybe bad ground chack all the wires for nicks

Post Number: 2
the wires are perfect i hooked my 10's back up and they work like a charm

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 437
check your subs... one might be blown... hook each one up and try it out.... whichever one dosent work might be bad....

Post Number: 3
i think the wires in the box are crossed up some where but i dont know whats right and whats wrong in there im pretty sure there not blow cuz the apm's push them alittle bit but once u turn it up alittle the kicks into protect mode

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 438
yea you could still have a blown sub.... even though thwey work at low power...

are these subs wired stereo or mono?

Post Number: 4
thats just it i dont know much about the subs at all all i know there two digital audio 12's DA2012 300Wats

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5645
on a home amp if the polarity is crossed it will trip your amp into protection. If 1 copper strand from the neg or pos are touching eachother that will trip it also. you need to go back and rewire it and make sure all wires are installed correctly.

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 60
is it dual voice coil? make sure u match the dual voice coil loads correctly and check the ohms of the sub to match the amp

Username: Gravestream

Post Number: 4
dude, you have a lemon sub. If the wires were wrong, you'd still get sound, it would just be crap, trust me, one of your subs is a lemon, easiest way to find out is take a wire, run it from the power to the postive terminal on the sub, if it hums, its good, if nothing its bad.

Post Number: 6
ok im pretty sure i have a lemmon sub now but when i test on the voice coils it seems fine so is there anyway i can hook it up to the voice coil and have it work fine
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us