Ported Box-Seperate or Combined Ports??

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

U.S.A.

Post Number: 369
Which is better,each sub in a seperate chamber with its own port or both in the same chamber with a shared port?? What are the pros and cons of each??

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 371
bump

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2520
well actually im not SURE. because spl competition cars often have subs in one chamber and share ports. but puting them in separate chambers adds bracing which is always good. too many subs off axis in the same box can cause cancelation though. guess im just bumping it up for some1 else to answer.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 372
Thanks I'll bump it up again too!

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1096
i wouldnt think that it would matter.. i think the bigger deal is where the port(s) is situated.. and the amount of port area.. but im not sure

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 430
I've wondered the same thing. I run a dual chamber with a shared final port, and it bumps hard. But would it be better if the shared port was split?? hmmmmmmm?????

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 878
It'd be better to have individual airspace and port. If a sub blows, then your air space/port space doubles, if air/port is shared.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 431
kinda what I figured. Thanks Jake.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 620
this is my opinion........take ketchup pakage squeez 1 side....the other side goes out....visa vers......so when they share the same port/airspace they cause this efect.....

matterfact tweeter did a Sh*tty job at building a sealed box 4 2 10" infinities the didnt build a wall 2 seperate them....they would fight each other an make the subs sound off...at low volumes it sounded good....but turn it up....it was horrible.....dont know if the same princible applies to ported boxes but i would let them have there own seperate space

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7427
the purpose of having separate chambers is clearly known but the only reason IMO 4 NOT making separate chambers is that ppl r too damn lazy ......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us