Conclution to my amp....

Bronze Member
Username: Zepcoe

TN Us

Post Number: 99
Ok... so i went down to my nieghborly car audio store and asked them for some help and they said they would so i showed them what happed and told them what was happening and they did so tests and said i got to take my subs out so i did and the way i let my friend wire my subs up was totally wrong he criss crossed the whole damn thing and totally FRIEd! my amp. Dude this is totally f*ucking up im never letting anyone wire my s*hit ever again but me or my dad.F&uck!!!

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 132
ive done that to myself, a week after i found out i paid twice as much as i shouldve for my amp....

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 351
hahaha

dat sucks for both of you

Bronze Member

TN Us

Post Number: 100
dude dont make it worse than it is....

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 101
But... someone was telling me even tho i got it off ebay from indoaudio i can send it to Rockford fosgate and they will repare it that true?

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 796
Man that Blows..
I hope you did not pay your friend for the install.

You might be able to get it repaired Rockford has a website I am shure you could find out there.

I am not shure if it is true but I have heard of some amps with a fuse on the inside Have you opened it up and looked ?

Afew years ago my cousins amp shorted out he opened it up and all it was was a piece of solder that was too big and got too hot and melted to another piece of solder he split them and that amp stll runs to this day.
I wasnt there when he fixed it but I believe him.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1358
theres gonna be know warranty on it so most likely no looks like ur f^cked

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 104
ya i know but i contacted Rock.F. and wrote a very nice letter telling them what happend hopefully they will give inand yes i looked at fuses and they are not blown just something got fried when the amps power was going to the sub the way he wired it sent it right back to the amp guy in audio shop said he was supprised it played much less for a week. lol if i have to buy a new amp i think im going to get MB Quart RAA1000 cause its cheap and good only if it will run 2 SSI Treo 12's tho its gotta be underrated at least a lil. Might have to get a higher watt mb quart mono amp not sure

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3722
first see if you can get that amp fixed by some place else if rf don't want to do it for you. it should cost you less than a price of a new mb quart amp.

btw did you try hooking everything up correctly and tried it? if now you should. maybe it will work.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2458
some amps have built in reverse polarity circuits.. for friends like yours.. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us