6x9 and 6 1/2 speaker suggestions

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 200
What r some really really loud 6x9 speakers cuz right now i have all stock speakers in my 2002 impala and it sounds good but i want speakers that are like really loud like how r infinity kappas do they get realy loud. Im also looking for 6 1/2 speakers for the front. I don't want all stock speakers any more i want something new so my system is really loud.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1759
just by changing out your speakers, but keeping the same power, won't make it any louder.

if you want loud you gotta get a good set of speakers that'll handle some power, and power them externally.

also, you have to watch the impedance of the new speakers vs. the stock ones on the stock unit or you can burn it up.

Bronze Member
Username: Zneon

Durango, Durango Mxico

Post Number: 29
Yeap, thats righ, if you want a really really loud system add 2 pairs (4 speakers!) of good 6x9s rated above 150wrms, a good set in front and a single 10". Use a 4ch amp and hook a pair of 6x9s in parallel to the 1st channel and the same thing in the other side, set filters up to 80-100hz and hook the sub to the amp, just make sure about impedances. Set the rear channels filter at 80-100hz and thats it.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7400
disagree with using any 6x9s ^^^^ !!!

if u want just plain loud with any real disregard 4 sound quality then do what he said above .

If u want sweet clean loud music 2 enjoy - buy a good pair of 6.5" component speakers around 150wrms for ur front doors powered by a 150wrms x2 2 chan amp like JL 300/2 - PUT NO SPEAKERS IN REAR DASH !

In ur trunk get a decent pair of 12" SUBS & put them in a proper ported box .

List a budget 4 ur new system ......

Bronze Member
Username: Zneon

Durango, Durango Mxico

Post Number: 32
Hey rovin I know that, maybe I just didn't get what he really wanted , I tought he wanted a LOUD but not loud like Subs, otherwise he'd have posted in the subs forum. If you want a loud and quality (subs and comps) system then do what rovin says.

Username: Stunna1

Post Number: 1
i was chaning my 6.5's how are the alpine type r components? for amp i was gonna do the alpine MRPf250 (180x2 bridged @4ohm) and i wasnt gonna go with any 6x9's.. open to suggestions
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us