12" COMP VR vs. JL AUDIO 12W3V3 PLEASE POST ASAP

Username: 69_ohm_stable

Post Number: 2
Hey guys, I just joined a few days ago and thought that you all would be able to help me with my biggest delima. The blue prints for my next stereo system are complete with one detail missing. I don't know whether to go with 2 Kicker comps or 3 JL W3's. I have an MTX Thunder 942, and it would give the JL's roughly about 300 watts each(which is their RMS) or I could give the comps about 450 watts each (which is 50 watts more than their RMS)I would really appreciate everyones opinions. I plan on buying my subs within the next two weeks. Please give me your thoughts and tell anyone that you know on here to come and post. Thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 302
i'd go jl. i have 2 w3 and they sound really good. plus they'll be louder since you're getting 3. kicker in my opinion is only really good for spl, so if you want any type of sq from your setup then try to avoid them.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 380
i heard a pair of cvr 12s and they sounded real good but i think the jl's would sound a better and would be louder.

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 345
hey ctmike you have the new w3v3's how do they sound

Post Number: 3
am I gonna need to step up to a HO altenator and a second battery? I also have a 684 for my coaxials.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

Post Number: 146
youll probly need an ho alt, but how many amps is you stock?

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 195
my friend bought 2 12 cvrs an i have 2 jl w3s an he got his runnin of a boss 1600w amp an a dual box i made tuned @ 24hz an i got a dual box a lil smaler than his tuned @ 26hz off a pioneer amp an his is louder for sum reason but iam runnin my subs @ 4ohms a pieace an hes runnin his @ 2ohms a pieace

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 381
i have been running 1200wrms off my original stock ~80a alt for a few months and no problem. and my explorer has 236,000 mi on it. lol

Post Number: 4
my 942 is supposed to put out 940 watts when bridged at 4 ohms and I know for sure that my 684 puts out 593 watts. I was also considering doing the MTX 7500's. would two of them be better than 3w3s?

Bronze Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 40
I have two cvr12's and they sound good. Very tight, exact bass. Sealed box is probably why... On an audiobahn a8002t 800x1 at 4 ohms.

Bronze Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 100
How much are the new 12 3v3??

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 739
i have 3 12 w3v2 and they will be way louder than 2 kicker comp Vr's i've heard the comp vr's several times and they are very unimpressive. i'm runnin a rockford bd1001 and a 301s for components and i have aboslutely no voltage problems whatsoever on a galant w/ stock alt. the JL's will sound better and w/ 3 will definately be louder.

Post Number: 5
do you think that 3 jl's will sound better than two MTX 7512's? I have narrowed it down to these two

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 307
two w3's would sound better, so 3 would be a great set up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us